SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, with the next payday I plan on taking the car in for a host of services. I have recently been hearing some squeaky sounds coming from the rear wheel wells. I hear it when I am getting in and out of the car and the car is experiencing more/less weight. It definitely sounds like the springs need some grease or something.

My lack of knowledge on suspension brings me in front of the SS crew in hopes that this is just an easy lube job and not indicative of impending problems/replacement costs.

Here's to good news :D

TIA

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone have any thoughts on the magnitude of such a job?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My car makes a bit of noise when I get in and out - always has. I found it to be the exhaust hanger grommets when the pipe moves slightly. Now that I know what it is, I don't care. But you could squirt a bit of silicone oil in there I guess if you wanted to.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, this is definitely in the suspension. Sounds similar to when daddy would wrestle mommy without any clothes on an old mattress. Im pretty sure it's just a matter of lubing some joints of connections but I like to have a little background before going to the mech.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts