SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2007 S80 V8 and over the last few weeks I've noticed a creaky squeak noise coming from the passenger side of the vehicle. It wouldn't happen necessarily when i was going over bumps and was most noticeable when the transmission was shifting through the lower gears. Suspecting motor mounts i popped my hood and started rocking the car back and forth to pinpoint which one it was. As it turns out it's the top one connected to the large aluminum mounting bracket making the noise. The rubber looks to be in excellent shape but the squeaking noise is very loud regardless. Has anyone else experienced this and what did they do to fix it?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Spray one end with some WD-40 and see if the sound goes away. If it does, that's your problem. Sometimes its the fusing of the rubber to the bracket that goes bad and starts to delaminate, even though the body/bushing is still in good shape.

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Also check the lower motor mounts. If one has failed it can cause imbalance and extra stress on the upper mount. That can be why one squeaks.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I couldn't find this on the IPD site, just the lower mounts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts