SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been second week already noticing a squeaky noise coming out from my '17 XC90 T6 Momentum rear when driving on uneven road. The same is mild but very annoying. At first, I thought it's the breaks...again. But a more concentrated and prolonged listening tells me this might be a suspension issue. I pray, I'm wrong. Went to the dealer and they (pretended) found nothing. I now wonder if my problem is the same like this YT educational video which 100% describes my problem. Is it normal for roughly 40k XC90 to start having those kind of issues and any ideas how do I fix it? Thanks.

Note: I'm not affiliated nor the owner/endorser of the following video, as well nobody paid me to advertise it publicly.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Why don't you put up an audio recording or video of YOUR issue??

·
Registered
651 Posts
It's been second week already noticing a squeaky noise coming out from my '17 XC90 T6 Momentum rear when driving on uneven road. The same is mild but very annoying. At first, I thought it's the breaks...again. But a more concentrated and prolonged listening tells me this might be a suspension issue. I pray, I'm wrong. Went to the dealer and they (pretended) found nothing. I now wonder if my problem is the same like this YT educational video which 100% describes my problem. Is it normal for roughly 40k XC90 to start having those kind of issues and any ideas how do I fix it?
Is it anything like what is posted in this thread? https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?367945-Squeaky-suspension
I had a similar issue to that posted in that thread and it took 2-3 attempts for the dealer to fix it, but they eventually did and I have been squeak free for almost a year. It had something to do with the brakes although the squeak happened even when I wasn't using brakes and at low speeds. Sorry I don't remember all the details now.

They involved Volvo Tech right from the beginning. In fact, the Volvo Tech even took a test ride with me and went over all his diagnosis and possible solutions with me. They supposedly attached some audio recording devices to find out the exact issue. I was very happy with how diligent and transparent the dealership Tech (Volvo of Palo Alto, CA) and the Volvo Tech were during the entire process. Hope your dealership is patient and cooperative. These squeak issues take so long to figure out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
This is craziness...However the above describes my issue, but not sure yet. The only thing I'm wondering, how that can be coming from the brakes when I changed my rear rotors, disks, pads, the whole pack basically just two months ago? I have an appointment this Saturday, so let's see.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know what, I just watch those videos once again and noticed that the videos show squeaking while entirely in motion, like a constant squeak. My annoyance comes only when the road is a bit bumpy and/or uneven. Then you can hear quick squeak every time I hit that uneven part of the road.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Same thing here ! MY17 T8 with air suspension.

Do you guys have air suspension too ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the cricket like chirp from the second or third row when going over rough road. Chased it for a year or so. Finally found out it was the plastic clips at the back of the second row seat rails. If you push the seats forward like you're entering the third row you can push the clips back in to place. Seems people bump then getting in and out of the car. This fixed the cricket squeek on my 2016.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I had the cricket like chirp from the second or third row when going over rough road. Chased it for a year or so. Finally found out it was the plastic clips at the back of the second row seat rails. If you push the seats forward like you're entering the third row you can push the clips back in to place. Seems people bump then getting in and out of the car. This fixed the cricket squeek on my 2016.
Any other thoughts people?

Volvo for Life

1 - 11 of 11 Posts