SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer mentioned something about needing new brake pads to solve the squeaky brakes issue, but I wanted to check with everyone here to see if that's what they've done to solve the issue. He mentioned it like, "yeah, it's a known issue with some of the new XC90's, we just need to switch out the brake pads." Is that the case with everyone else?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dealer mentioned something about needing new brake pads to solve the squeaky brakes issue, but I wanted to check with everyone here to see if that's what they've done to solve the issue. He mentioned it like, "yeah, it's a known issue with some of the new XC90's, we just need to switch out the brake pads." Is that the case with everyone else?
My car is in service for another issue and according to the service manager our rotors are being replaced. He said that should help the noise.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same issue and had my rotors replaced yesterday. My service adviser said some vehicles would get new pads and some new rotors. This depends on what size rotors the vehicle currently has 16in or 17in.
I cannot confirm any of this, however after about 100 miles the squeak from the front brakes while coming to a slow stop is gone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same issue and had my rotors replaced yesterday. My service adviser said some vehicles would get new pads and some new rotors. This depends on what size rotors the vehicle currently has 16in or 17in.
I cannot confirm any of this, however after about 100 miles the squeak from the front brakes while coming to a slow stop is gone.
Just curious, was it free of charge?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I also have squeaky brakes and I'm going to have the brakes looked at when I take it in for the Sensus/CarPlay update. Is there a Technical Service Bulletin or some other "fix" prescribed by Volvo corporate that I can point my local Volvo dealer to? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem

I write from Spain and I own a New XC90 Momentum Plus. I'm new at this forum and i will appreciate some help about this issue because I've requested service from my dealer and they told me that they have answered to Volvo if there was any issue with brakes or rotors and the answered that my case was the first they have known. Could any of you give me some information about if there is any technical information about this problem.

Thank you very much

·
Registered
26 Posts
Our 2016 Inscription (6,000 miles) has begin to have very squeaky brakes while backing up.

I plan to take it in soon as it is getting squeakier and my wife is complaining (even louder squeaks)!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts