SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 s60 t6 AWD
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home from a drive last night, pulled into the garage and noticed my s60 has begun to squeal a little.

It's only after the car has been driven for 10 mins or so.

It's very slight when not under load

Gets louder when turning

Doesn't sound like a traditional dying PS pump, sounds more like a belt squeak.

Belt, tensioner, and idler pulley replaced ~10k miles ago.

Vacuum pump rebuilt ~5k miles ago.

Sounds like it may be coming from the belt drive again (US Market Driver side), but not entirely sure.

Any ideas of areas to check when I dive into it? Common issues, similar issues, things other than belt drive that squeak under load?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It may be possible that an upper strut bearing is starting to go. Had both mine replaced.

Reactions: BenjaminD

·
Registered
2011 s60 t6 AWD
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't think that a strut bearing would make a noise like it did, but I'm planning on chucking some Koni Special Active reds in there at some point. Kit comes with the bearings. Preciate the reply!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Came home from a drive last night, pulled into the garage and noticed my s60 has begun to squeal a little.

It's only after the car has been driven for 10 mins or so.

It's very slight when not under load

Gets louder when turning

Doesn't sound like a traditional dying PS pump, sounds more like a belt squeak.

Belt, tensioner, and idler pulley replaced ~10k miles ago.

Vacuum pump rebuilt ~5k miles ago.

Sounds like it may be coming from the belt drive again (US Market Driver side), but not entirely sure.

Any ideas of areas to check when I dive into it? Common issues, similar issues, things other than belt drive that squeak under load?

My wife's XC70 does or rather was doing this. Seemed to be associated with the power steering system. I would hear it when the steering was under load.

I've renewed the power steering fluid and it is quieter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts