SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched on this but had no luck finding a solution to what I (wrongly?) assumed must be a common issue. I've got a 2020 V60 R-design with about 24.5k miles on it that I bought used at about 22.5k miles. There's often (almost constantly) a squeak/creak over uneven roads or expansion joints. It does not seem to be temperature-dependent. If I push downward in the blue oval I can usually stop the noise, but sometimes it requires pushing forward/back/left/right, or even pulling up a bit on the trim. (It doesn't look nearly that dirty in person, I swear.)
Car Motor vehicle White Gear shift Light

I pulled the passenger side trim off and that showed me nothing accessible to address it.
I have tried loosening and tightening the two screws in the ashtray and that didn't make a difference.
I haven't had a chance to remove the driver's side panel to see if I can get to anything that might help. The part drawings here aren't helping me all that much:

Has anyone else had this issue or am I just bad at searching? I'd greatly appreciate any tips because I've got a road trip tomorrow and don't necessarily want to hold onto this thing for 4 hours. Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe just spraying some silicon fluid will help getting rid of the squeaking.
Yeah, that’s what I’ve come down to since I’ve got double-sided rubber tape but nowhere intelligent to put it. Looking at various grease options that won’t just attract dirt or damage the plastic though I’m not sure how risky that is. Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe white lithium? Isn't that what is commonly used on interior parts? Maybe soak a business card in silicone and stick it in the joints, might be just enough. But I suspect it is something underneath causing the squeak.
Yeah, I think that's pretty safe for most stuff. I'll settle for quieting it down for now but would rather get to the root cause, like you said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts