SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several members mentioned in other threads about a service bulletin for squeaking brakes. Mine are doing it, but I can't tell if it is the front, back or both. It seems intermittent and when I apply light brakes only.

What are your experiences with this?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Right Rear for me with light touch, then it goes away
Not urgent enough for me to make a separate service call about it, but it is there. Didn't know there was a TSB? What is the fix?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right Rear for me with light touch, then it goes away
Not urgent enough for me to make a separate service call about it, but it is there. Didn't know there was a TSB? What is the fix?
Replacement of the rotors is what I remember.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ours has this issue as well - they tend to make the noise when slowing to a stop particularly when it is raining. Its currently at the dealer for a second time to fix it. The first time they said it was fixed....but it wasnt. We'll see how it goes this time...car should be back tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
dropped off my car for SW update and brake squeak check this morning.
new software is on the car now but im not able to pick the car today because they are waiting for the brake rotors and pads to delivery tomorrow morning to replace the old ones.

ps. I did a brake check a month ago, they could not find any issues caused the squeak at that time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are replacing the brake pads if they were installed/produced within a certain time frame. There is a bulletin the dealer has on regarding it. Ours were squeaking and they just replaced them this week based on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts