SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 s60 t5 a/t with the 2.4 motor. I got it stock and it ran great, just wasn't loud enough. I did a muffler delete and punched out the cat. (Yes I know bad idea...) The car ran fine for a week. The car started to sputter on hard acceleration and progressively got worse. I Checked the codes and got the faulty cat code plus a misfire on cyl 4. I put a o2 sensor spacer and changed the spark plugs. I also switched coil 4 with coil 1 to make sure it wasn't a coil problem. It got better but when I hammer on the car it will backfire at high rpm. What is this caused from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Sounds like you lodged part of the cat in there and now it's clogged and choking the car out.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
If it doesn't sputter anymore backfire is completely normal. It's just a rich condition which is common in these cars.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None of the car could be wedged in there. I made sure of it. There's still a slight sputter

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
spark plug gap... Possibly bad injector (I had this issue on my car, which caused a cracked cylinder) but it would misfire at idle. If you change plugs and coils and it still has issues, swap the injector for the cylinder that has a misfire.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Scan with vida.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I've got a set of Blue Injectors that I know are 100%. They came off when I installed the Green ones on my T5. Sounds more like a typical coil going bad though.
My T5 is catless with a Elevate rear muffler and it can have a little backfire at times, even with the Elevate resonator. A good resonator will help with the crackling sometimes and really doesn't have much if any effect on flow.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not a popping at deceleration. I enjoy decompression pop. Its the hard popping and loss of power that I don't like

1 - 10 of 10 Posts