H & R Springs
Evolve Springs
Eibach Springs
Cut my OEM springs
Heico Springs

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: Springs. Help me decide. (sanatarium)

I have Eibachs and like them, but if i had to do it over again I would use H&Rs. They give you just the right amount of drop, and maintain the comfort you're looking for. The Heicos are overpriced (but good springs), Evolve (although still a good brand to me) has caught a bad rap around these parts, and the Eibachs will leave you wanting more. Just my .02

good luck!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey you have the same rims as me.. Do you know exactly what is the offset is? any rubbing issues? You are the best to clearify this for me

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: (Vash13)

I had to roll the rear fenders to keep from rubbing all the time. I only rub in the back now when the car is fully loaded. These rims are just too wide for a lowered S40...

·
Registered
502 Posts
You're not going to want to cut the OEM springs as that will ruin your spring rate and just make ride harsh. Although I haven't experienced any ride quality in person, I'd go with the Evolve blue springs as they give the most drop and (from what I understand) gives a very nice ride. As far as damage to the OEM shocks/struts, I wouldn't worry about it with springs as it wouldn't be that much change.

Also, I realize I'm preaching to the choir, but if you're worried about camber don't forget the camber arms!

So in short, Evolve blue LOL

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: (BtownVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by BtownVolvo »
You're not going to want to cut the OEM springs as that will ruin your spring rate and just make ride harsh. Although I haven't experienced any ride quality in person, I'd go with the Evolve blue springs as they give the most drop and (from what I understand) gives a very nice ride. As far as damage to the OEM shocks/struts, I wouldn't worry about it with springs as it wouldn't be that much change.

Also, I realize I'm preaching to the choir, but if you're worried about camber don't forget the camber arms!

So in short, Evolve blue LOL

He can't use Evolve they willl def cause rubbing .......

The eibach is only a 1" drop and def the best price....(they also make our stock springs)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Re: (jdsr917)

Quote, originally posted by jdsr917 »

He can't use Evolve they willl def cause rubbing .......

The eibach is only a 1" drop and def the best price....(they also make our stock springs)

A necessary sacrifice. I mean just give me the $200 if you want to waste money on a drop that is barely noticeable. But that's just my opinion...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i prefer not to roll my fenders and i dont' want my bottom scrapping out everytime I drive up my driveway. How much is the drop for H&R springs?

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

I concur with Btown and anyone else who says blue Evolve springs. My wheels are 19x8 with an ET of 38, no real rubbing. I have also had 19x8.5 with ET of 40, no rubs. I'd recommend 225/35, but I haven't had any real problems with 235/35 but I have recently found in extremely hard corners it catches a very tiny part of the inside fender plastic molding. 225/40 do not work for fronts, but they work on my rear tires as long as I am not at full load.

I have coilovers on the way so I plan on rolling my fenders in the next couple of weeks so I can have my car with the slammed look for the gtg.
But for those who just want springs, I have nothing bad to say about my evolve springs.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the commen AJ. The evolve springs make the car look pretty good. However you have an AWD so the springs might settle a bit higher regardless compared to a FWD

·
Registered
6,887 Posts

Very true. Maybe get the graphite evolve springs? They aren't quite as much drop...

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (carreragt7)

Evolve and cut a rear dead coil... should be perfect once i do that. If the fenders are rolled your golden depending on your wheel choice.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Re: Springs. Help me decide. (Vash13)

with +40 rims all springs should work without any rubbing, it really depends on the tires tbh. As for the shocks, all the aftermarket springs that go below 1" will pretty much destroy ur oem shocks in 6mos to a yr. If you want more than that, i suggest just going with the OEM lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Springs. Help me decide. (chrisasdf)

Quote, originally posted by chrisasdf »
with +40 rims all springs should work without any rubbing, it really depends on the tires tbh. As for the shocks, all the aftermarket springs that go below 1" will pretty much destroy ur oem shocks in 6mos to a yr. If you want more than that, i suggest just going with the OEM lowering springs.

Wow! is it really that bad? the shocks will go out so fast?! I find it hard to believe..I mean if the aftermarket springs have the same spring rate then it should be very similar. Am I right?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Re: Springs. Help me decide. (chrisasdf)

Quote, originally posted by chrisasdf »

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

I installed H&Rs about a month ago, and would recommend them.

Well... I need your opinions and choices. This is what I need:
1. Not slammed since I have a very steep driveway
Take it slow and at an angle.
2. Comfort is all that matters to me
I've noticed smooth roads are the same, but rough roads got rougher.
3. No super stiffness and harshness
See #2
4. Least negative Camber
Not gonna happen. Get SPC rear upper control arms.
5. Prolong premature damage of my OEM shocks
6. No rubbing with offset of 40
I rubbed in the rears with medusas (225/40/18) enough to chew a bit of the plastic wheel well out, but no more.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Has anyone even experienced blowing their shocks early? I wouldnt think that lowering springs are going to eat up the stock shocks in 6 months. Maybe a few years but who cares, small sacrifice

1 - 20 of 40 Posts