·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Evolve for the slammest of the slammed.

I won't do anything else in the Bay Area.

Simply because, everyone and their damn mother in a Euro car is slammed for the right stance.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Re: Spring is here & thinking of springing for some springy-ma-gigs (850arrrsaylikepirate)

Evolve allllll the way. Riding in my dads R is like cruising in a classic down the strip, picking up cutie pies

And.........., their blue!

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Spring is here & thinking of springing for some springy-ma-gigs (Foreveradvanced)

Quote, originally posted by Foreveradvanced »
Evolve allllll the way. Riding in my dads R is like cruising in a classic down the strip, picking up cutie pies

That may work for you cause your 20, for me not so much.

Yes Evolve is diffidently the lowest of the listed springs. Does it mess with the 4C being that low (of course after you get a SUM calibration)?

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

Quote, originally posted by chinaonnitrous1 »
Evolve for the slammest of the slammed.

I won't do anything else in the Bay Area.

Simply because, everyone and their damn mother in a Euro car is slammed for the right stance.

Good point, and I will take that into consideration.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Re: Spring is here & thinking of springing for some springy-ma-gigs (850arrrsaylikepirate)

Quote, originally posted by 850arrrsaylikepirate »

Yes Evolve is diffidently the lowest of the listed springs. Does it mess with the 4C being that low (of course after you get a SUM calibration)?

Hey I'm 26, and the cuties still matter. But I see you have a XC90 and a truck. Family man?

Either way. For myself, theres just too many friends/aquanitances riding on Coil overs or whatever else on their Mercedes, Nissan, Infiniti, blah blah blah.

I needed the lower stance, if I could I'd chop it another 1/2" for a slight tuck and 0 wheel gap.

As far as SUM, I haven't had a problem. If there is, a floor jack under the spare tire compartment works wonders for the headlight aim/sum calibration. If thats a problem, your more than welcome to hop over to our Putnam Autogroup for some slight bribe to the service dept.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

I said my dads R, he is in his 50's my friend, and a family man to boot

lol, and he wants to drop the rear another bit as well lol, to get rid of the volvo rake.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Re: Spring is here & thinking of springing for some springy-ma-gigs (Foreveradvanced)

Evolve....and they still arent low enough
I like kissing the ground
Some company needs to come out w a spring that goes about a 1/2" lower front and rear!!!!!!

·
Registered
920 Posts

picking up cutie pies

I don't think I've ever heard an 20 year-old use the phrase "cutie pie" to describe a new puppy.... let alone a girl

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I said my dads R, he is in his 50's my friend, and a family man to boot

lol, and he wants to drop the rear another bit as well lol, to get rid of the volvo rake.

Yeah I wasn't bag'n on your Dad (he's a cool dude), I thought you would borrow his lowered ride, and then go and pickup said cuties.

Anyway back on topic, has he had any troubles with the 4C?

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Spring is here & thinking of springing for some springy-ma-gigs (chinaonnitrous1)

As far as SUM, I haven't had a problem. If there is, a floor jack under the spare tire compartment works wonders for the headlight aim/sum calibration. If thats a problem, your more than welcome to hop over to our Putnam Autogroup for some slight bribe to the service dept.

Thanks for the input, slight bribery is always helpful...

·
Registered
3,409 Posts

Yeah I wasn't bag'n on your Dad (he's a cool dude), I thought you would borrow his lowered ride, and then go and pickup said cuties.

Anyway back on topic, has he had any troubles with the 4C?
I talked to Forever's dad at Davis. No problem with ride. In fact he can discern the differences between Sport and Comfort, which in my ride, I really can't tell. Evolve for the best looking drop.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Spring is here & thinking of springing for some springy-ma-gigs (Kirb)

Quote, originally posted by Kirb »
I talked to Forever's dad at Davis. No problem with ride. In fact he can discern the differences between Sport and Comfort, which in my ride, I really can't tell. Evolve for the best looking drop.

If you don't mind me posting a pic of your ride with Evolves:

The stance does look sweet!

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
You shoulda seen him driving to the Davis meet.

The car with 3 kids, wify and trunk full of stuff.

Was SLAMMED hardcore.

I loved it.

But I'll never have that much stuff in my caR. hahah.

·
Registered
942 Posts

I'm running Evolve springs in my '05 VR. The big drop is cool, but the spring rate is softer than I'd like...2 passengers and 3 beach chairs and the rear is dropping...

Evolve springs are fine for single driver (my daily mode) but they don't handle the weight...

Last I checked, H&R didn't have an application...

Eibach is Sold Out.

TME seems like a good bet, Thomas is a pretty knowledgeable guy...I might be up for a set of those...in a GB.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Spring is here & thinking of springing for some springy-ma-gigs (volvoracer)

JRL has said and I believe others too, that the TME springs really make the 4C work a lot better. The drop isn't huge but the ride quality improves.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
As far as 4c working better. I belive its more based on alignment, and bushings.

Its a spring, the only variables aside from construction quality, would be...

Progressive winding?
Spring rate?
How many " of drop?

The rest of it would be issues of camber etc... but that all is relative to how your alignment is performed.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

As far as 4c working better. I belive its more based on alignment, and bushings.

Its a spring, the only variables aside from construction quality, would be...

Progressive winding?
Spring rate?
How many " of drop?

The rest of it would be issues of camber etc... but that all is relative to how your alignment is performed.

True, so I guess the TME springs working better because of their rate and amount of drop.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Re: (850arrrsaylikepirate)

I will most likely end up going with Eibach because they all seem so similar and Eibach happens to be the cheapest. They are sold EVERYWHERE.

Modified by GiRaff3 at 7:10 PM 4-30-2009

1 - 20 of 44 Posts