SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Spotted!

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  745TRBOBRK 
#1 ·
As I was making my way across the country back to DC, there it was:

A black XC90 driving westbound on I-70 about 40 miles outside of Kansas City, MO. Appeared to have AZ plates, but I could be wrong.

Of course, I had to be going eastbound, but don't think I didn't think of crossing that median!

It looked great. I wonder how many of them are out there.

#2 ·
quote:

Originally posted by Duett:
As I was making my way across the country back to DC, there it was:

A black XC90 driving westbound on I-70 about 40 miles outside of Kansas City, MO. Appeared to have AZ plates, but I could be wrong.

Of course, I had to be going eastbound, but don't think I didn't think of crossing that median!

It looked great. I wonder how many of them are out there.
Lucky you!
Arizona plates make sense as that is where they are doing most of their major testing. I have heard, from VCNA staff, that there are three "million-dollar prototypes" in the US, at this time.

Yannis

#5 ·
If you get the chance, check out the Hoover Dam. I don't know why but it seems to be a gathering hole for prototypes (when it gets busy they duck down into the parking lot just off the crossing on the Arizona side as I recall.)

Good luck.

-rdo

quote:

Originally posted by InDy:
Wow, that is really cool! Sometimes I wish I lived in AZ just so I could see all of the different 'test' vehicles and 'prototypes' running around.

-Drew

#6 ·
quote:

Originally posted by rollie:
If you get the chance, check out the Hoover Dam. I don't know why but it seems to be a gathering hole for prototypes (when it gets busy they duck down into the parking lot just off the crossing on the Arizona side as I recall.)
When I went to Hoover Dam I saw two Audi TT Convertables in the same parking lot as mentioned. They were the same color and were parked together. I thought mmm...I didn't know the TT came in a converatble. This was probably before they came out but I didn't think anything of it, other than, "Hey look, those Audi are the same color, I wonder if they are in a car club traveling the country." I should have known.

#9 ·
quote:

Originally posted by rollie:
If you get the chance, check out the Hoover Dam. I don't know why but it seems to be a gathering hole for prototypes...

-rdo

Actually, I was at the Hoover Dam two summers ago, but I don't recall seeing any prototypes. I guess I wasn't really paying much attention since I was in such awe of the dam itself. It was my first visit to the Hoover Dam. But, next time I will keep my eye out for auto-anomalies.

-Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.