SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Spotted a Volvo and it wasn't a soccer mom. A New England Spotted thread

12K views 44 replies 17 participants last post by  sofried 
#1 ·
Couldn't find a thread so here goes. Just saw a tinted, debadged, black S60. It was moosed and ct plates. Leaving the air show in Quonset RI. I shouted from my friends scion. Anyone's car?:confused:

#2 ·
Yes!!!
It IS "someone's car".

#3 ·
I was on the highway headed down to naraganssett on route 4 earlier, went by 3 black 2011-2012 S60 T5's getting off the highway for the air show, also saw an absolutely perfect 850t5r or 850r black on black sedan at the 95 195 merger, some visible mods, but I was going to fast and was to many lanes over to get a better look.

#5 ·
I said Nice moose, but i figured the wind was not going to let you understand. great looking car.

#8 ·
i might have seen you around the merrit but im not sure.
It's rare I'm on the Merritt in the SR. Most of the time I'm down there I am working and driving my tundra.

#9 ·
It's rare I'm on the Merritt in the SR. Most of the time I'm down there I am working and driving my tundra.
i see. i've seen a couple R's here and there and 2 VR's since i moved here.

#10 ·
Thursday, 6/21, Around 530pm, Got on the Merritt at one of the Greenwich Northbound Exits, White P1 V70R with black Enkei (maybe) multi spoke rims. I was in my Red P3 V70 and you were behind me for a bit before traffic got horrendous in Stamford.

CT License plate: "GO HUGO"

Had small black blind spot mirrors affixed on top of the side mirrors.

Anyone?

#11 ·
Two sightings today. Both s40s i think. The first was Chamelion blue in new Bedford around 230. The second was Barebts blue in Peabody around 430.

#12 ·
Two sightings at the Portsmouth airshow today. A black v70r and a black c30. The v70r was parking in the parking lot across from the one I was working and the c30 drove by.

#14 ·
That is sexy

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

#15 ·
Spotted a sonic SR leaving the tjmax parking lot in westerly ri this morning

#17 ·
Spotted a black S60 heading West on I-90 out of Boston towards the 84 split... you had clear windows, K&N decal in the back left 'triangle' window behind driver side rear door...

I was cruising along and playing hopscotch with you, we did exchange a nod...

I was in my 05 murdered-out S40 (black windows, black tails, rear debadged except 'VOLVO'), PA plates...

Anyone here?

Oh and those sightings on the Meritt... could've been me if you didn't verify that it was a 60 not a 40... I run up and down the Meritt 1-6x a month between Boston and NYC... I'm usually here and then gone in a flash... perpetual lead foot over here...

#18 ·
Just saw two passion red wagons, v50s I think. Anybody up in Gloucester today match that? Black rims one was definitely lowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Spotted a black S60R about 4:30pm west bound on route 44 heading towards providence. Anybody out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#21 ·
I spotted a red older style c30 in westfield ma at around 9 am. It looked really well taken care of and it had what looked to be 18 or 19 inch rims and a k&n sticker in the back passenger window.

#22 ·
That was probably Jack. There was a mini meet in Wakefield that he had a hand in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Spotted this at Foxwoods yesterday afternoon 330 pm

Looked to have exhaust and CF roof spoiler nh plates

#26 ·
Black 850 with mooses in Nashua, NH about an hour ago. we rolled down windows and talked a bit at lights. hit me up!

#29 ·
Saw a blue S60r and a gold xc70 with black pegs maybe? On mass
Pike last Sunday. I was driving my maroon 850. It was around
Exit 10 or 11. The S60r definitely had an exhaust when he down
Shifted it was awesome!! I was on my way to Framingham to pick up my
New S60r

#30 ·
Ah so it was you who gave me the thumbs up! After the S60R pulled off the highway I was going to rip by, but there was a Statey.

And the S60R has the stock exhaust with a resonator delete and I have straight pipe! XD

#36 ·
saw a nice black s60r in hampton nh giving an old chevy pickup a jump. looked to be well kept and enthusiast own. shouts out.

#39 ·

My friend spotted a titanium grey S60R at 5:30 PM on Mill St in Belmont in front of McLean Hospital going toward Shaw's/Waverly Square. Motorsport badge and Snabb sticker. Whose is it!?

#41 · (Edited)
Silver V70 pretty sure it was an R. Maine plates we met up on rt1 going through Hampton nh and played all the way to the Maine line on 95 in Kittery. Wish I got a picture. It was super clean, debadged an and men looking.

As if that wasn't good enough saw a gray wagon (240 I think) with a yellow moose grill badge at the intersection of rt1a and 133 in Rowley ma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.