SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got notice of a nrw major Spotify update. Spotify was running. I clicked on update in the Download-menu - it failed with some error (not able to download? Dunno, forgot). So I exited Spotify by starting the radio. Went back: update could not be run. So I uninstalled Spotify, shut down the car to reboot Sensus, and started it all again. However, now the downloadprocess stops immediately (it greys out and says 'download paused'). All other apps install just fine. Also, the Spotify app shows as 0.00MB in size.

Anybody got similar problems with the update? Anybody who knows how to reset all apps without resetting Sensus completely?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exactly the same happened to me... and I proceeded down the same perilous path as you! FWIW, no apps are showing in the 'New Apps' (forget the exact name) section, not even the Sensus apps I chose not to install.

I did, however, notice an an error message pop-up in this section saying 'failed to connect...' or something to that effect, despite the car being connected to the internet (globe logo top left, weather works, etc.)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app but I got this error. I wonder who this was reported to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
702 Posts
Speaking of Spotify, I am wondering how it preforms for non-MY '16 owners? The interface is almost too slow to be usable for me. If I am just going through a playlist, fine. However any kind of browsing or searching within the app is painful. Initial load is sloooow as well. I generally use it via CarPlay which is much faster. However if the speed weren't an issue, the Volvo app interface is better. I am wondering if it is the 3G modem in '16s?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the 'an error report has been sent' message too. Seems like a widespread thing... Let's hope there won't be any dealerresetprocedures needed! (on the upside: that might warrant a free may-softwareupgrade by Volvo)

Considering the speed: might be the 3G indeed. I bought a 4G hotspot, and keep it plugged in in the car all the time. Works like a charm, and doubles as a hotspot for the iPads while driving. Furthermore on holidays I take it with me from the car and stream Netflix over it with a Chromecast. And besides all these benefits: Spotify is way faster with it :) When installed :(

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
In the Download Center, Spotify app says it’s zero bytes. That’s gotta be the problem.

Pandora for comparison.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Certainly something going on with Spotify. Today morning update notification popped up when my spotify is running and the update failed. Since then when I select spotify, it starts but plays only a default Playlist and the rest of the music screen is blank

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just curious- what are the benefits of using the Sensus Spotify app vs using Spotify on your phone? Is it simply not having to plug in your phone?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Just curious- what are the benefits of using the Sensus Spotify app vs using Spotify on your phone? Is it simply not having to plug in your phone?
I don't usually plug my phone to preserve its battery (charge cycles) unless it is running low. I also don't want to use my data allowance on my work phone on Spotify so I have a personal data plan only for the car.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I like the interface better and allocated screen size is bigger. The “Now Playing” screen has Album Art.

The downside is Sensus Spotify doesn’t have the ability to download songs or playlists for offline playback like your phone does.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
In my case, playing Spotify (or stored music) via my iPhone gives out lesser sound output as compared to playing Spotify with Sensus. Meaning, I have to crank my B&W more to hear the same track, at the same loudness from my iPhone v/s my Sensus.

Also, Spotify on Sensus does not use your Phone data to play music. It uses it's AT&T service for that. So you save a bunch of your phone data.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Can only say it’s been sluggish since few days.

The car is at the dealer now so I haven’t seen this update notification yet.

And I do agree with everyone where it comes to black screens and slow loading and operating of Spotify.

I have a MY2018 which should have the 4G modem and Spotify paid subscription

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seeing the same issue with Spotify. App is saying it needs to update but no update shows as available. Sometimes trouble connecting to the app/update server.

Noticed this today on both our MY 18 and MY 19, both running May 2019 software update. Hope this gets resolved soon.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm having the same issue with Spotify and my XC 40 which got a software update at the dealer today.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
That's only if you subscribe to that service. Most smartphone plans now have unlimited data.
Yes, agree. Although, I'm in a family plan with 4GB of limited data per line and am subscribed to Spotify Premium so it works for me better that way. The best use is on long road trips, where I can just use the Spotify app on Sensus to listen to podcasts, etc as I can browse the entire Spotify menu (the same way on the iPhone).. and not bother touching my phone when driving.

·
Registered
934 Posts
That's only if you subscribe to that service. Most smartphone plans now have unlimited data.
Not in the country where the current NBA champions reside :D. My corporate plan has 3 GB and the personal one that I use in the car another 3 GB. Thank you telco oligopolies and lobbies that keep us in the dark age of the internet.

BTW, I got the notification asking to update the app today. I used my cellphone as a remote control for Sensus, to select the playlist I wanted to listen to, without having to touch the Sensus Spotify app.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Not in the country where the current NBA champions reside :D. My corporate plan has 3 GB and the personal one that I use in the car another 3 GB. Thank you telco oligopolies and lobbies that keep us in the dark age of the internet.

BTW, I got the notification asking to update the app today. I used my cellphone as a remote control for Sensus, to select the playlist I wanted to listen to, without having to touch the Sensus Spotify app.
How do you use your phone as a remote for sensus ???

1 - 20 of 37 Posts