SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got XC60 MY2021 Inscription and cannot find Spotify app in Sensus, any ideas? The car is built for Europe

·
Registered
594 Posts
weird. is the app available in apps?

·
Registered
594 Posts
guess you need to call the dealer. I have a european car too, spotify has always been there.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Do you have to install it from the Download Center app?

·
Registered
256 Posts
oh no, i hope they didn't remove it for the MY21 vehicles. granted, it can be slow as hell and I wish they would update it to fix some of the bugs, but it's still nice to have!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just use AA or CarPlay. Much better experience, save for having to plug the phone in.
However, the sound quality isn't as good when running through CarPlay versus Sensus version of Spotify - at least with a paid version of Spotify and setting it to high quality. I also agree that CarPlay and AA are a pain WRT plugging the phone in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just use AA or CarPlay. Much better experience, save for having to plug the phone in.
For carplay i'm using a BT adaptor and it works
However, the sound quality isn't as good when running through CarPlay versus Sensus version of Spotify - at least with a paid version of Spotify and setting it to high quality. I also agree that CarPlay and AA are a pain WRT plugging the phone in.
TuneIn is working perfect, no interruptions or anything similar. I can use Spotify via carplay, using connection via BT adaptor. Very good sound quality, nothing to complain. Yet, as long as Spotify should have been there, need to understand why it is not. Unfortunately, local Volvo is not able to get me an aswer, they are overwhelmed by the brand they are "representing".

·
Registered
256 Posts
this isn't a fix, it's a workaround. OP's car is brand new and s/he shouldn't need to be resorting to workarounds at this point. I would take it to the dealer if it hasn't already been done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this isn't a fix, it's a workaround. OP's car is brand new and s/he shouldn't need to be resorting to workarounds at this point. I would take it to the dealer if it hasn't already been done.
Easy to say, difficult to be done. Dealer says they have no idea, i have escalated to Volvo Europe

·
Registered
921 Posts
Never said it was a fix... Workarounds are valid solutions, in many cases.

There's many things our "new" cars don't do. Sometimes we must accept those limitations, or work around them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was unaware there was any BT option for CarPlay.... Are you sure it's both CarPlay and Bluetooth? Or is it just Bluetooth audio streaming? Or is it CarPlay over WiFi?
Its an adaptor which connects via USB to carplay port and makes a BT connection to the phone

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never said it was a fix... Workarounds are valid solutions, in many cases.

There's many things our "new" cars don't do. Sometimes we must accept those limitations, or work around them.
Agree, as long they proactively inform you about it. Its a disappointment that such a brand as Volvo do not properly communicate all the "updates", "upgrades" or "changes"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.