SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Sport version Volvo XC90

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  NRM8573 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Volvo introduced a sporty version of the XC90 because of many suggestions from XC90 owners. You'll find some pics at the following URL: http://autoweek.nl/newsdisp.php?ID=5066&cache=no. You'll notice there are not any longer roof rails. Also, some nice 19 inches, ... and so on. Take a look.

Take care,
lvertvel.

#5 ·
Re: Sport version Volvo XC90 (lvertvel)

Yep,
lose those roof rails and you have a SPORT

#8 ·
Re: (samulsoon_0503)

If they position it right...and put the right bells and whistles in the pkg...they could have something!
It needs to have 19" wheels, sat radio/bluetooth/i-pod/std...plus a little extra in the HP dept
and some nice sounding exhaust http://********************/smile/emthup.gif It HAS to be distinctivly different from a "regular" XC90. Now the real kicker...it needs to be in the under $50k range...high $48k-49k loaded! That is where the issue will be! If it comes in at $52-$55k...then people will still buy the BMW...just for the status....................just my opinion

Here is some more infohttp://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=62046

#10 ·
Re: (VolvoMax)

I can dream can't I?
Look at the C70...are there any available anywhere?...NO..and why is that? Part of the reason is that it is a GREAT VALUE at @ $44-46k depending on exact options! IF theC70 were priced at ...let's sya $52K...would ther bne some inventory sitting on somebody's fllor plan? You know there would! So..then what would happen....the discounting would start and we are back in the same boat we are in now............moving units, but not making the kind of $$ we should be making.
So....why not price it like the C70 is priced? No margin to work with...sell from allocation...eliminate floor plan costs...and move the units to customers who really want the vehicle?
If it is priced at an MSRP of $53000 and it can be bought for $48,500...why play that game with an eductaed consumer who can bring new business into the dealership? Price it at $48,500..and sell it for $48,500. The truly educated consumer appreciates that...don't they??? You guys who are NOT in the car business tell us........you want the bottom line on the sticker?...or do you want to play the game?

#11 ·
Re: (universityvolvoOSD)

There are people on this forum who complain about the price of the C70!

You can't make everyone happy.
The XC90 V8 is underpriced as it is compared to the other Euro V8 SUV's.

Nobody knows about it because Volvo refuses to advertise effectively.
Plus, they build waaaayyyyy to many cars so we have to give the damn things away.

Yes, people want to play the game even if they say they don't. Negotiating for cars is in the American DNA. No one wants to pay sticker. Educated people or uneducated, they want a deal. Very few cars and car companies are immune from that.

#12 ·
Re: (VolvoMax)

Max...

You are probably right!! But, it's my dream....and I can make it as big as I want
I do agree with you on the XC90V8 production...but IMO those who complain about the C70 pricing....either haven't done any comparison shopping..or...aren't real C70 buyers to begin with. EVERY one we have sold at MSRP was viewed by the person buying it as a "deal"!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.