SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I am using my sport key I thought I’d like it a little more refined than the plastic.

Thin leather and a vintage pin badge and voila

Edges are smoother now it’s been used.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Where did you find that?

I solely use the swim key. It bit me in the ass last August at the Leeds festival when I couldn't find the car in the dark. My wife kept saying use the remote to turn on the lights.

On the same note, our XC90's swim key battery died so I inquired about it at the dealer. Turns out it is covered under warranty so I'm getting it replaced next week along with a recall for a pipe. He didn't elaborate on the "pipe".

·
Registered
228 Posts
I use the sport key all the time, it’s smaller size is just more convenient to carry around. n a m, never thought about the lights piece, something to consider, maybe another reason to keep the VOC app service?

And nice job there D3ggy, looks sharp!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I use the sport key all the time, it’s smaller size is just more convenient to carry around. n a m, never thought about the lights piece, something to consider, maybe another reason to keep the VOC app service?

VOC is not available on US spec cars in the UK. :(

There is mention of it being region specific and can be updated for cars within Europe but not across different continental regions.

This suggests it is possible..

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/suppor...change-of-market-when-importing-or-relocating

This specifcally states:

Note that Volvo On Call does not work if the car is exported to another continent, e.g. if a car is bought in Europe and then exported to USA or China.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/suppor...-call/volvo-on-call---languages-and-countries

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thank you, since I’m not concerned about the waterproof element covering it in leather was an easy call. As its attached with double sided tape (3M) it’s easily reversible.

With regard to the lights and locking I figured I have the phone app in the event the battery dies and I can always lock the car using the boot button if i cant use the keyless door handles.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Thank you, since I’m not concerned about the waterproof element covering it in leather was an easy call. As its attached with double sided tape (3M) it’s easily reversible.

With regard to the lights and locking I figured I have the phone app in the event the battery dies and I can always lock the car using the boot button if i cant use the keyless door handles.
The only thing I will warn you about is one time I could not get the gas tank door open and I was very low on gas. I called Volvo On Call and their only solution was for me to lock and unlock the car with the buttons on the large remote. My app wouldn’t do the trick and neither would using the handles or the boot button. Fortunately my wife was with me and she keeps her large fob in her purse at all times. If I were alone with only the sport key I would’ve been screwed.

My solution is to use the sport key when my wife is with me or I’m not going too far, the larger fob when I am alone or out of town. Just a thought. It only happened once to me after 2.5 years owning my XC so its a very rare thing, but it can happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only thing I will warn you about is one time I could not get the gas tank door open and I was very low on gas. I called Volvo On Call and their only solution was for me to lock and unlock the car with the buttons on the large remote. My app wouldn’t do the trick and neither would using the handles or the boot button. Fortunately my wife was with me and she keeps her large fob in her purse at all times. If I were alone with only the sport key I would’ve been screwed.

My solution is to use the sport key when my wife is with me or I’m not going too far, the larger fob when I am alone or out of town. Just a thought. It only happened once to me after 2.5 years owning my XC so its a very rare thing, but it can happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
interesting. Thanks for the warning. There should be a manual release behind a trim panel at least there is on other cars I have owned. I will check that out.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
interesting. Thanks for the warning. There should be a manual release behind a trim panel at least there is on other cars I have owned. I will check that out.
There is a button to manual release fuel door on T8, not T5/T6. Not sure why T8 gets this special thing though.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a button to manual release fuel door on T8, not T5/T6. Not sure why T8 gets this special thing though.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60
I looked in the manual but couldn’t find it, could you shed some light on it please so I can see if I also have one hidden away.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just downloaded the manual for the twin engine and I see that there is a release button.

I assume this is because of the battery intensity and motors since it specifies there is an additional valve which opens. This will no doubt be to reduce fuel spillage in the event of a crash with a battery pack that’s on fire.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Just downloaded the manual for the twin engine and I see that there is a release button.

I assume this is because of the battery intensity and motors since it specifies there is an additional valve which opens. This will no doubt be to reduce fuel spillage in the event of a crash with a battery pack that’s on fire.
What if there is a problem of electrical opening of the fuel door ????

Audi and BMW have a solution: there is a system for manually opening the fuel door

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What if there is a problem of electrical opening of the fuel door ????

Audi and BMW have a solution: there is a system for manually opening the fuel door
I agree, there has to be a way to release the cover some how.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts