SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my splash guard screws are finally at the end of their lifespan. How are people going about replacing these? I changed my oil yesterday and found that 2 were missing. Are you just getting slightly larger screws to get more bite?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
So, my splash guard screws are finally at the end of their lifespan. How are people going about replacing these? I changed my oil yesterday and found that 2 were missing. Are you just getting slightly larger screws to get more bite?

Thanks!
You can order the plasticy tab insert thingies that they screw into.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, cool! Did you happen to get the screw #s as well? Are the tabs a pain to change?

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Schweet, thanks!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I'm interested to know as well. I have some missing or rusted to replace.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just buy larger stainless screws and washers, did that and no problem, bought extra for dealer who keeps losing them.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
Good stuff to know. My splash guards came with lots of extra screws. But I'm sure I'll start losing them one day.

It's a good idea to tighten all of the wheel well liner screws every time you rotate the tires.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Every one of my splash guard screws are different. I've got drywall screws in some! I def need the tabs and screws...

·
Registered
957 Posts
I had one of those screws stripped from the factory! Then I had another one strip out. I bought two short, maybe 1-1/2" long 1/4" dia lag screws to replace them. They've worked fine for 5 yrs & 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mr V has them. I picked up a couple of the too. Also the two of the 7 have different white inserts. I always buy more than I need.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Logan, get an ipd skid plate, oil changes are even easier. There's an opening for the oil to come out. You don't even need to remove the skid plate at all

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Logan, get an ipd skid plate, oil changes are even easier. There's an opening for the oil to come out. You don't even need to remove the skid plate at all

Jack, you shellin' out the dough for it? :p I like taking the plate off so I can visually inspect stuff while I'm under there. That's how I caught my leaking CV boot before it got bad! Wouldn't be a bad idea to have it though, given the huge-a$$ pieces of frozen road crap that lay in the roads during the winter. I've been unable to avoid a few that I though for sure would have ripped my oil pan off.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Hit them with Your Tire If You , can't Avoid . Usually the Big Rig Trucks dropping it in the Middle of the Road @ 65 mph ( To Late Bam ) !

I have Mod the Splash Shield for more Air Flow , could have done the Oil Drain access , but I have a Boat Style Oil changer for Cold Weather If needed . ;)

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Jack, you shellin' out the dough for it? :p I like taking the plate off so I can visually inspect stuff while I'm under there. That's how I caught my leaking CV boot before it got bad! Wouldn't be a bad idea to have it though, given the huge-a$$ pieces of frozen road crap that lay in the roads during the winter. I've been unable to avoid a few that I though for sure would have ripped my oil pan off.
I already have one and it's actually narrower than the oem splash guard. I can see the cv boots fine.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts