SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Atlanta Volvo Club would like to extend our invitation to all of you.

When: Sunday, April 28, 2013
Where: Road Atlanta
What: Once a year Classic Motorsports gathers at Road Atlanta to celebrate all manner of historical and contemporary motorsport. Join us for a long weekend of action both on and off the track. Even if you're not a competitor, you can get your car on the red and white curbing by participating in one of the parade laps run throughout the weekend. The 2013 grand marshal is David Hobbs and the featured marquis is MG.

As usual, the Atlanta Volvo Club will be hosting a space in the car club corral on Sunday April 28th. Feel free to arrive at any time, but don't miss the parade lap at the end of the day!

Purchase tickets and get more info

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I'm in!

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still waiting on the full details of early ticket prices. From what I hear so far, you can order your personal ticket online right now. Once in the gate, you can ask for directions to our car corral.

The track pass is the same cost whether purchased at the event or in advanced.

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I haven't been to Road Atlanta for some time, I used to go quite regularly when I lived about ten minutes from there and single. I've seen a lot of good races there. Paul Newman was awesome at this track as it was one of his favorites and it showed.
I last saw him at the Petit Le Mans in 2000, him rode right by me in a golf cart, I asked my girlfriend at the time if she saw him, she said."I only saw an old man".
It's amazing one can look but not really see!
I'll plan in going if weather permits. I also have a big two week vacation coming up with a lot to do.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
thanks for the pictures, I didnt go because of the rain and assumed it would get post poned.

Hope you had fun man!!! I'll see you at the Dyer and Dyer meet.

Keoni.

might have to call me to remind me though haha.

·
Super Moderator
15,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll see you at the Dyer and Dyer meet.
Definitely!

Just so you know, today was my last day of class this semester. May is looking pretty busy with Dyer & Dyer, Carlisle, and some other personal things, but after that I am completely open. Let me know when you'd want to meet up and I'll try to free up my schedule for those days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts