SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to set the speed warning limit and it only goes up 5 and down 5 when I press the arrows. Can anyone tell me if this number should adjust higher.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I went to set the speed warning limit and it only goes up 5 and down 5 when I press the arrows. Can anyone tell me if this number should adjust higher.
It adjusts in increments of 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where would you see this adjustment readout? Is there a number changing somewhere? When I press the up arrow it goes to 5 but if I press it again it just stays at 5 and doesn't go to 10.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Where would you see this adjustment readout? Is there a number changing somewhere? When I press the up arrow it goes to 5 but if I press it again it just stays at 5 and doesn't go to 10.
That is strange. I will need to check out if there is a certain configuration or sequence. Here is a screen from MY16 XC90 manual FWIW.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I think 5 is the limit......I would like to set it for 10 as Im able to in my XC90

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Very strange. I have been able to set it at up to +15 in various SPA cars. (never went higher when playing with it)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was told that MY 2019 cars in Volvo only allow you to go to 5+ for warnings. That's a change from prior model years. I just turned it off.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
15 over you're playing with fire here... Usually, many set it at 9 to 14 over, depending on the road of course.
I think you're mixing up the cruise control with speed limit warning here, but...

When you live around lots of school zone speed limit signs, you'd set it higher too. Otherwise the dinging would drive you nuts.
Actually, I have it off right now in my profile.

Also, doesn't mean I drive +15. But in NJ, +10 is a normal flow of traffic speed on NJ Turnpike and GSP (as in, I'm the slowest one doing +10 MPH in a right lane)

Was told that MY 2019 cars in Volvo only allow you to go to 5+ for warnings. That's a change from prior model years. I just turned it off.
If that's true for all 2019s....yeah, +5 would get annoying really fast.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure whether this is possible on all model years, but you do have the option to turn off just the dinging noise or both the dinging noise and flashing sign.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Not sure whether this is possible on all model years, but you do have the option to turn off just the dinging noise or both the dinging noise and flashing sign.
+1

The warning can be turned off and the speed limit will flash with Road Sign Information turned on. As you see, my MY16 allows for more than 5 mph.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How does the adaptive cruise control work with those speed limits? I.e. if I have ACC set to, say, 60mph and pass a sign with a posted limit which is lower (or higher for that matter) than the current setting - would it suggest to set the cruise control to match?

I believe I've seen in some european cars, that the moment the posted speed limit changes, it gives you a "hint" to update cruise control with that speed. You still decide whether to do so by yourself, but it is a single keypress. Does Volvo do the same?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts