SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: Specs for Burns Stainless mod to Ferrita catback (martynunya)

Wow, need to clarify some things...

Ferrita is a 3"-> 2x2", is doesn't have a bottle neck per se. Because the 2x2" collector sticks into the 3" resonator piece with a smaller ID (instead of other way around), there is a slight restriction there. That is one of the reasons Bryan/Jesse swapped.

The other was to make the Ferrita a little louder and more aggressive sounding. It is quiet for an aftermarket, which could be a really good thing depending on what you want.

Jetex is cloned by both BSR and EST. It has a 2.5" center piece (bottleneck), why I swapped to Burns Stainless. But to be honest, once I did acceleration runs and found that Jetex was just as fast as my 3" Svenske, I tried to cancel Burns order, but it was too late.

Since Ferrita supported a 400hp R, IMO the only reason to swap to Burns Stainless section would be to:

Change exhaust note to slightly more aggressive
You are very particular, and spending $250 to maximize something that may not need it is ok with you.

Once I post pics of what Bryan did to his stock airbox for his CAI (the little details are just, scary) you will understand why he did the Burns piece.

· Registered
8,754 Posts
Re: Specs for Burns Stainless mod to Ferrita catback (martynunya)

you can order your 3" flange from http://www.verociousmotorsports.com and have it delivered to Burns Stainless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.