SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Volvo website under OSD (https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/shop/overseas-delivery), it says: "Another great advantage of our Overseas Delivery Program is the ability to customize your new Volvo with special options. You can build it with select colors, wheels, interiors, inlays and more. You can also add accessories that are only available in Europe."

My dealer could only order in US colors and finishes. Is there something that he doesn't know, am I reading that wrong, or is it out-of-date?

I ordered a 2020 XC60 Polestar. We're extremely excited, but the color selection is very limiting. It's only shades of grey! We wound up going with Crystal White.

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
473 Posts
On the Volvo website under OSD (https://www.volvocars.com/us/shopping-tools/shop/overseas-delivery), it says: "Another great advantage of our Overseas Delivery Program is the ability to customize your new Volvo with special options. You can build it with select colors, wheels, interiors, inlays and more. You can also add accessories that are only available in Europe."

My dealer could only order in US colors and finishes. Is there something that he doesn't know, am I reading that wrong, or is it out-of-date?

I ordered a 2020 XC60 Polestar. We're extremely excited, but the color selection is very limiting. It's only shades of grey! We wound up going with Crystal White.

Thanks,
Jamie
The website has not been changed in a very long time.The only options & packages you can get is on the order sheet. Set your expectations right there

·
Registered
917 Posts
Must be a paint shortage or the Volvo design team is color blind. When we ordered our MY18, there were 2 “OSD only” Exterior colors.

Volvo really needs to open up the color options.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a V60 Polestar Engineered on order myself and found the customizable options ‘sparse.’ Chalked it up to ‘because Polestar’ and am rolling with it.
For what it’s worth-white was my choice too. Hey, it looks awesome in all the marketing photos so why not?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
In the past, there were colors, options or combinations of options that were only available through OSD. The choices seem to have decreased over time to the point that there is very little difference (if any) in the choices available thorough OSD vs special order.

Regarding colors, I agree with you 100%. The color choices are extremely limited to a few blacks, whites and grays -- all very, very boring colors. There are (were?) blue and green tints offered in some models. But generally speaking, it seems Volvo forgets that the world is full of colors, not just black, white and gray.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The color choices are extremely limited to a few blacks, whites and grays -- all very, very boring colors.
The frustrating thing is that there are some better colors available on lower models. If you order an R-type, you can get "Bursting Blue", which is worlds better.

We've made our peace with white, though. The car's name will be "Polar Bear". :)

Now, if we can just get our confirmation. I hope we aren't waiting for a "sorry, they've all been allocated" message. The dealer remains hopeful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts