SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey.
We have same problems here in South Korea.
We call it "Pop noise" or "F*** noise" problem.
Models are V60cc B5, V90cc B5, XC60 T8, XC90 T8 wt B&W speakers.
(No report from Diesel, T5, and B5 with Harman Kardon* speakers)

In here South Korea, We suspect Noise Canceling circuit makes problem.
I think Volvo don't know how to solve this noise problem.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Good luck to y'all.
I am starting the process to lemon the car. I am not dealing with Volvo's crap once more - been there, done that. If I find out anything more about this issue, I'll post - otherwise, I am done here.
Thanks to everyone for your feedback and support.

·
Registered
968 Posts
this just happened to me with 680 miles. 21 s60 polestar with b&w. was fine after coming back to the car after running errands for 20 min.
What were your driving conditions when it happened? Speed? Lane changing? Sound level? Blue tooth sound?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
So I had this happen again and this time when I dropped it around to the dealer, they grabbed the foreman who wanted to get some details because I’m the third person with the issue in the last month and they have a case open with Volvo to investigate. He initially said he just wanted to collect some information — and didn’t need the car — because Volvo has no fix and they have no other ideas but said **** it he wanted to take a look anyways.

Will update it I get anything useful in a follow up from them.

·
Registered
968 Posts
So I had this happen again and this time when I dropped it around to the dealer, they grabbed the foreman who wanted to grab some details because I’m the third person with the issue in the last month and they have a case open with Volvo to investigate. He initially said he just wanted to collect some information — and didn’t need the car — because Volvo has no fix and they have no other ideas but said **** it he wanted to take a look anyways.

Will update it I get anything useful in a follow up from them.
Volvo is switching out my orange key with a black one for free at my next service. If it occurs again while having both normal black keys, this will solidify that the "IHU volume restriction with orange key" TJ had nothing to do with what we are experiencing.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Volvo is switching out my orange key with a black one for free at my next service. If it occurs again while having both normal black keys, this will solidify that the "IHU volume restriction with orange key" TJ had nothing to do with what we are experiencing.

My care key is in a filing cabinet in the back of the house and has never been used, so I’m already reasonably confident it ain’t that!

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
So, I have some vague hope that Volvo is taking this seriously. I just got a text from the dealer relaying some questions from Volvo that are at least good questions to ask and we've covered here (e.g., does the sound come back or do you need to turn off the engine for a while first, do the turn signal sounds still work, is it one pop or multiple).

Maybe VxF's lemon law push motivated someone or it just became common enough.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Without going into details, they are indeed taking it seriously.
Really glad to hear. I remarked this to the foreman this morning but it almost resulted in an accident last time it happened. I was hitting a freeway onramp and it's so loud and so sudden it dazed me a little and I thought I'd hit something and swerved on to the shoulder.

Honestly impressive how loud it is.

·
Registered
968 Posts
My care key is in a filing cabinet in the back of the house and has never been used, so I’m already reasonably confident it ain’t that!
My orange key was at least 10 miles away from the car on all occasions. So obviously it's not a factor...but switching it out will definitely make that totally impossible.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Really glad to hear. I remarked this to the foreman this morning but it almost resulted in an accident last time it happened. I was hitting a freeway onramp and it's so loud and so sudden it dazed me a little and I thought I'd hit something and swerved on to the shoulder.

Honestly impressive how loud it is.
Yes. It sounded like the sunroof or the windshield shattered. It was piercing.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Seems my car is getting some software update from Volvo New Jersey tomorrow via remote uplink from CA. Experimental? Who knows? It's unfortunate that it's so hard to repro because I can go for weeks at a time without it, so I guess we'll see if it worked in a few months.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Got the car back today. Service notes say they raised a TEI with Volvo and were recommended to do a total software upgrade and then were provided with a software patch for the audio unit and to return to customer and await feedback.

Guess I'll wait and see if it happens over the next few months!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Got the car back today. Service notes say they raised a TEI with Volvo and were recommended to do a total software upgrade and then were provided with a software patch for the audio unit and to return to customer and await feedback.

Guess I'll wait and see if it happens over the next few months!
Thanks for posting this. I'll keep an eye for your updates. So far it hasn't happened to me for about a month

·
Premium Member
2021 XC90 T8 Inscription Recharge, 2021 XC40 T5 Momentum
21 Posts
I just experienced something odd with my new '21 XC60 Recharge with B&W (picked up last week!). I was just driving with the FM radio and navigation on at a normal volume (~25%) when I heard a loud "pop" sound that sounded like the speakers blew. All sound in the car stopped: indicators no longer beeped, no park assist beep, no fm radio or navigation. The AC unit was still functioning as were all the screens and there was no indicator warning lights or anything. Parked, turned the car off, turned it back on a few seconds later, still no audio. I figured maybe the speakers blew somehow and was late for an appointment so I locked the car and left, came back about a half hour later and everything is functioning like normal.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before? I have a paint chip on the door frame that looks like a manufacturing/transit defect that I'm going to ask the dealer to take a look anyway so I'll bring it up, just curious.
Yes, happening to me a few times already...I have the XC90 Recharge 2021

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I guess they need to look at what's changed in their B&W audio, my 2018 has never had this issue......Hope they find a resolution, sounds awful

61 - 80 of 103 Posts