SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I don't know how common it is: 100% of every mention I've ever seen of it is in this thread, so ~6 of us.

I have a 2021 T8 with B&W and air suspension. It'd be helpful if everyone could post what they're driving to see if the commonality is T8's, B&W's, air suspension or some combination thereof.

Part of me think it's T8's but I'm curious.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't know how common it is: 100% of every mention I've ever seen of it is in this thread, so ~6 of us.

I have a 2021 T8 with B&W and air suspension. It'd be helpful if everyone could post what they're driving to see if the commonality is T8's, B&W's, air suspension or some combination thereof.

Part of me think it's T8's but I'm curious.
Perhaps "common" wasn't the right word. But to see 6 people with the same issue and the fact that the 2021's haven't been out all that long, leads me to believe this isn't exactly a "one off" issue.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Holy batman... it happened again to my car today and I just can't get my left ear to stop ringing. Never heard anything so loud. And I am a drummer! And, apparently, I might not hear anything every again, at least from my left ear... I am actually trying to figure out whether I need to drive to the emergency room or somewhere... I am out of town, which makes it trickier.

If it matters, this time was different. First time, all sounds went off afterwards. This time, it was just a loud pop.

The first dealer visit did not help. "Cannot replicate..."

2021 XC90 T8 with just under 5k miles.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Mine is a 2021 XC90 T6 Inscription with B&W and air suspension. Each time it occurred was on a freeway, or merging onto or off of a freeway. Sound at 50-60% from the Bluetooth on my phone, while the phone was on the wireless charger.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
590 Posts
Could it be a lose wire/connector that's making the issue?!

I would definitely check the amplifier and its related connectors and ensure everything is secured.

Good luck all!

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
968 Posts

I would definitely check the amplifier and its related connectors and ensure everything is secured.

Good luck all!

On each occasion, I've felt static electricity and heard static in the speakers just before the loud pop. And I was using the turn signal by either merging onto/off a freeway or switching lanes.

Very bizarre.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Freeway on-ramp/off-ramp and using an indicator has been common for me too.

So seems like B&W and air suspension is the commonality so far since Ultrarunner has a T6...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Good luck all!

Happened to me once when fully stationary with indicator on so I don't think it is a loose connection. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Very strange. I have the B&W on my 18' S90 and didn't experience such issue, other than the nasty rattles of course hhh.

If the physical connections are perfect, then Software updates may address the issue.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Do you have a dash cam? that would have at least picked up the pop sound so that they can hear what it sounds like.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Do you have a dash cam? that would have at least picked up the pop sound so that they can hear what it sounds like.
Unfortunately not. I've been meaning to get one installed but :effort:.

The dealer has updated the software each time I've taken it in and none of them have resolved it. There's no Volvo TJ for it out which makes me think it's not gotten back to them yet or they don't have a solution.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I provided this to the dealer as this was the second occurrence. They provided a software update that had nothing to do with the problem at hand. The pops have continued, but the sound didn't cut out yet. But my screen going blank a couple days ago doesn't help anything. If these problems continue being intermittent I'll wait to address them at my 10k mile service.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
My random guess is related to how the turning signal is triggered and fed to the amp. If the turning stalk has contact issue and there is a high glitch in the signal, it could trigger the pop and protection inside amp. After car/amp is powered off and on it recovers.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
968 Posts
My random guess is related to how the turning signal is triggered and fed to the amp. If the turning stalk has contact issue and there is a high glitch in the signal, it could trigger the pop and protection inside amp. After car/amp is powered off and on it recovers.

Very interesting. Thank you for throwing that out there. So would the turn signal switch need to be replaced if this were the problem?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I am fairly certain my turning signal was on the first time it happened. Not sure about the second time. But both times I was accelerating, once entering and merging onto the highway, another time as a two-lane road was turning into single-lane.

Mine is an XC90, with air, T8, and massage seats. I mention the seats because they were on each time it happened - and I don't use them very often, so it's a bit of an unlikely coincidence. But I didn't see anyone saying anything about massage seats in the thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Both times it happened to me when the indicator was on. However it did not happen upon turning the indicator on but after the indicator had been on for a few seconds (maybe 10-20 seconds).

·
Registered
968 Posts
I am fairly certain my turning signal was on the first time it happened. Not sure about the second time. But both times I was accelerating, once entering and merging onto the highway, another time as a two-lane road was turning into single-lane.

Mine is an XC90, with air, T8, and massage seats. I mention the seats because they were on each time it happened - and I don't use them very often, so it's a bit of an unlikely coincidence. But I didn't see anyone saying anything about massage seats in the thread.
Sorry, I should have added this too. I have the massage seats and I'm fairly certain they have been on each time. I use the massage function on virtually every trip.

·
Registered
2021 XC60 T8/Recharge
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Mines a '21 XC60, so no massage seats but I do have ventilated seats. Unsure if they were on or not. Pretty sure my indicators were on, though, as it's happened largely merging on/off the freeway.

It did make me wonder if it was a power draw/surge issue.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts