SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Sunny Ireland (Not!)<BR>I have a 1998 S70 T5 and the left back speaker has developed an problem handling the bass. I've had a quick look to see if its easy to remove and have failed to even remove the speaker grill due to fear of breaking it. Any idea if this is easy or in need of a skilled Audiophile?

·
Registered
194 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mickeyg:<BR><B>Greetings from Sunny Ireland (Not!)<BR>I have a 1998 S70 T5 and the left back speaker has developed an problem handling the bass. I've had a quick look to see if its easy to remove and have failed to even remove the speaker grill due to fear of breaking it. Any idea if this is easy or in need of a skilled Audiophile? </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You don't remove the grille since it is an integral part of the rear deck trim panel. If you fold the rear backrests forward you can quite easily remove that trim panel. After that it's a breeze to remove the speakers. Be careful, though, the air gap in these speakers is open due to the coaxial tweeter installation so you múst make sure not to let any dust, sand or other debris fall down on the speakers because this will eventually destroy the speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts