SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone by chance have the part number for the front passenger side speaker grill. I accidentally broke it while loading some items in the car.

See picture.

·
Registered
876 Posts
If I had to order this front right grill for my 04 R, it would be part #39961863

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I would be interested in how they have you attach it as the original has melted/fused plastic rivets to hold it on.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I would be interested in how they have you attach it as the original has melted/fused plastic rivets to hold it on.
+1, I always thought it was part of the door panel and had to be ordered as part of the entire door panel until I looked it up on Tasca today.

·
Registered
876 Posts
VIDA lists a "retainer", part number #989055. I am not sure if that is what you need to install it (I never had to replace a speaker grill). But it would be crazy, if you had to replace whole door panel because of broken speaker grill.

#18 in this diagram.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I'm guessing you just melt them in place, with a glue gun or something if they don't snap in.. idk lol I'd have to look at it again.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It appears to be glued on. I tried prying on it yesterday and it appears that it may come off with a little patience. It's definitely secured in there with some form of adhesive. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
OK, I see now from the diagram. You will need to rmove the old grill(possibly drilling out the original melted rivets. The new grill will come with straight plastic dowels/pins that those retaining clips(#18) will push over and hold the grill. This is the same fastening method and clips that hold the aluminum trim that runs across the top of the door panel.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
It appears to be glued on. I tried prying on it yesterday and it appears that it may come off with a little patience. It's definitely secured in there with some form of adhesive. Thanks guys.
It is plastic welded on at various points. You MUST take the panel off the door to do this.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Anyone know if the two different type speaker grill (2a vs 2) uses different door cards?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Anyone know if the two different type speaker grill (2a vs 2) uses different door cards?
Yes. R door cards and those with a premium sound option use 2a. My 01 V70T5 uses the 2.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Yes. R door cards and those with a premium sound option use 2a. My 01 V70T5 uses the 2.
Thanks.
But my question is I already bought a set of premium front speakers for the frontdoors.
My XC has type 2 speaker grill right now.
So do I just need to buy new 2a type speaker grills? or do I need whole new door cards?

Thanks again!:)

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Thanks.
But my question is I already bought a set of premium front speakers for the frontdoors.
My XC has type 2 speaker grill right now.
So do I just need to buy new 2a type speaker grills? or do I need whole new door cards?

Thanks again!:)
It all depends on what version of the premium speakers you have. If they are the version with the 8" woofer and 3"(approx.) mid set at an angle, then I'm gonna say that you need the "sport" or R door cards. the angled portion of the grill in 2a covers the smaller mid-driver I mentioned. Hope that helps?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts