SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been doing some research for some of the nitrous adventure that i had talked about doing. NGK 4091 would be a cross for a non-projected spark plug that is heat range 7. I just thought that i would throw that info out there for you guys.

I know that Volvo spark plugs really only work well in the T5 (been there done that) but it would be a thought for someone looking to run nitrous in there car for a quick hit of fun. These are non projected plugs so they would be able to handle heat better than the projected plugs that are in the car now.

My thinking is that i could run them with the nitrous and pull them out when driving around town.

Oh i talked with ARD and they said running nitrous was totally doable and that they could take care of me on the tuning side of the nitrous.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
So i have been doing some research for some of the nitrous adventure that i had talked about doing. NGK 4091 would be a cross for a non-projected spark plug that is heat range 7. I just thought that i would throw that info out there for you guys.

I know that Volvo spark plugs really only work well in the T5 (been there done that) but it would be a thought for someone looking to run nitrous in there car for a quick hit of fun. These are non projected plugs so they would be able to handle heat better than the projected plugs that are in the car now.

My thinking is that i could run them with the nitrous and pull them out when driving around town.

Oh i talked with ARD and they said running nitrous was totally doable and that they could take care of me on the tuning side of the nitrous.:thumbup:
The NGK 4091 plugs are not compatible with the R (the reach is too short; 19mm vs. 26.5mm).

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
using other plugs is only usefull if you tune it to run higher temperatures. otherwise you got carbon or your plug will get eaten away.
Better ask the dudes/companies that did get +500hp out of the B5234t3 engine. I doubt plugs will make difference at those ratings (so they use stock?).

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

NGK makes Racing Plugs with either a Projected Electrode or a Low-Angle Ground Electrode for the R application. Available in 2-step, 3-step or 4-step colder than factory plugs.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NGK makes Racing Plugs with either a Projected Electrode or a Low-Angle Ground Electrode for the R application. Available in 2-step, 3-step or 4-step colder than factory plugs.
i am assuming you are talking about the 4905??

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awesome, thanks for the input George!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts