SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please post a photo of the spare tire in position in the trunk well? Mine is unsecured and I feel like it’s missing something. Also have no idea how all the random pieces of styrofoam fit in place or how the jack is supposed to be secured.
Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Can someone please post a photo of the spare tire in position in the trunk well? Mine is unsecured and I feel like it’s missing something. Also have no idea how all the random pieces of styrofoam fit in place or how the jack is supposed to be secured.
Thanks!
I've got a trunk full of stuff that I'm too lazy to take out because my back is spasming. But: metal from rim to the floor. There should be a round shaft doohickey with two nubs on it that corresponds to a sheet metal receiver welded to the floor. It also has the function of supporting the trunk floor. If I remember right, it holds the emergency jack with straps or something.

Notes: The emergency jack looks like a death trap. I carry a 2.5 ton floor jack in case of emergency. Seriously. The only time I've used that emergency jack was to lift a control arm to get a strut in position for bolting in in. That it can safely do. No thoughts on the styrofoam. My V70 had them, my S60 does not. Probably keeps spare from moving around. Don't hit speed humps at 50mph and you should be fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The round shaft doohickey is what I think I’m missing. I see the sheet metal on the floor of the area has a unique shape to it but I have nothing that corresponds to it, and no matter what I try, the floor of the trunk is unsupported and spongy so I’m pretty sure I’m missing something. If someone could just lift up their deck and snap a photo of what it looks like from the factory that would be awesome. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts