SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a lot of people here asking for a better solution for a spare tire than having to strap it down and taking up space in the luggage compartment. It is possible to order a spare tire for the new V40 that is thinner than the S/V60 spare (125-16" if i remember right) and this actually fits under the luggage floor on the V60. BUT, you have to take out the "middle floor" to make it fit, and also the" fix-a-flat pump with goo"-kit. Unfortunately i haven`t been able to try the same with the S60, but i will keep you updated if i get to try it out. I can also get you the sparepart number for the V40 wheel, but keep in mind that you will be using this at your own risk. I guess that you will newer get Volvo to say officially that this is okay.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress of this idea for the S60. "Necessity is the mother of invention!"

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes! ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
AFAIK a V40 wheel will not fit on a S/V60. So don't get your hopes up...

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
... BUT, you have to take out the "middle floor" to make it fit, and also the" fix-a-flat pump with goo"-kit. ...
What do you mean by "middle floor"? After removing the cardboard "floor" to gain access to the pump and goo, the shape of the metal floor where the spare should be will not accommodate a tire. It's not even round. Unless you can remove the metal floor I see no way any spare, will fit there. I'd rather see a solution for maybe an inflate-a-spare that can perhaps be mounted to the top of the luggage compartment.

·
Registered
989 Posts
You know, if one was inclined...

The floor risers used in the S40 to accomodate the stock subwoofer might be a similar solution to getting a few more inches of height for the tire. Anyone do fabrication? Would you have some foam lying around to do a small experiment?

Watch out, here comes necessity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts