SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the sales that are going on right now, I'm looking to buy some spacers in addition to a few other things. Any recommendations or opinions as to what set-up looks best on an R? I know it's a matter of personal preference, so what do you guys prefer? 10mm in the front 15mm in the back? 15 and 20? Let me know what you guys think provides the best stance/performance.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
When I do mine I'll probably do 10 front 15 back.. That's what I like from all the pics I've seen.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been running 10 front and 15 rear. If you can find a 17mm rear I would go with that. 10 up front with 17 rear would bring them both flush.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
that looks good... where did you get those spacers and is there any rubbing?
I don't get any rubbing unless I'm turning full lock as I'm going out a driveway. But I have about 1.5 degrees of negative front camber in the alignment. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I got the spacers from Motorsport Tech in Nevada. Lenny, the owner, is easy to work with. Just tell him what you want and he'll make them. The quality of his work is excellent.

Lenny Stahl, Jr.

Motorsport Tech
10 Greg St. Suite 112
Reno, NV 89431
Office 775 351 1000
Cell 909 844 0942

www.motorsport-tech.com

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just started running 10mm front 15 rear. It gave me a better turn radius and stopped the inner lip of the wheel from rubbing , but now the top inner edge of the tire hits the top of the wheel well at full turn at anything over a slow crawl. Also possibly related my traction control has been kicking in under acceleration since putting them on. But damn does it look good !

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I just started running 10mm front 15 rear. It gave me a better turn radius and stopped the inner lip of the wheel from rubbing , but now the top inner edge of the tire hits the top of the wheel well at full turn at anything over a slow crawl. Also possibly related my traction control has been kicking in under acceleration since putting them on. But damn does it look good !
Add a little negative camber. That will move the tire out at the ground patch and in at the top of the fender. I run 1.5 degrees negative in the front because I like to corner hard. But even -1 degree is plenty to keep the tire from touching in the front.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Here's a pic of my caR. Took it this morning.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I don't get any rubbing unless I'm turning full lock as I'm going out a driveway. But I have about 1.5 degrees of negative front camber in the alignment. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I got the spacers from Motorsport Tech in Nevada. Lenny, the owner, is easy to work with. Just tell him what you want and he'll make them. The quality of his work is excellent.

Lenny Stahl, Jr.

Motorsport Tech
10 Greg St. Suite 112
Reno, NV 89431
Office 775 351 1000
Cell 909 844 0942

www.motorsport-tech.com

Thanks for the info, they were able to keep from using hub centering rings and I was able to get a conservative 7mm spacer. Hope they will clear with 35ET. If not please chime in

·
Registered
4,444 Posts

Lenny Stahl, Jr.

Motorsport Tech
10 Greg St. Suite 112
Reno, NV 89431
Office 775 351 1000
Cell 909 844 0942

www.motorsport-tech.com
Does Lenny still make these?
cost ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts