SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running spacers, please post up pics and specs. Tried searching the forum, however I haven't found any photos of spacers on an S40/V50. I'm now running OEM 18" x 8" Pegs and am thinking of getting 5mm in the front, and 10mm in the rear. Or...might go 10mm front and 15mm rear. Just need some pics for reference. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
hard to say, i say 15mm... go big or go home lol. measure and try your best to guess. 15mm is just under 5/8" 10mm should be right aound 3/8"

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
You will wanna go wider in the rear than the front. I would guess maybe 10mm front and 15mm rear?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have 5mm fronts and 15mm rears.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I knew you had spacers installed Chris. Any pics looking down the side of the car to show how they look?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
if you go 5mm up front you can get away without having to swap in longer studs. 10mm and over you will def need longer studs. the rears are easier to swap in studs as the hub is not pressed in like the fronts.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
if you go 5mm up front you can get away without having to swap in longer studs. 10mm and over you will def need longer studs. the rears are easier to swap in studs as the hub is not pressed in like the fronts.
i think 15mm and up you need longer studs. think about it. 10mm is just 1 cm.

however, there are spacers that bolt on the stock studs while giving longer studs (same hub and 5x108). those are probably the ones i would get.

like this:

http://www.vivaperformance.com/wheel-spacer-kit-15mm-m12x1-5/

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
I have 20mm spacers I used with my winter wheel setup, has the studs incorporated and as long as the wheel has cavities for the stud to poke into you good to go.

I don't think installing longer studs in the front of the stock hubs is doable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts