SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the spacers today 10 up from 15 in the back. Now I got so rubbing in the rear anyone know a fix? or do I need to get smaller spacers for the back.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is it rubbing on plastic that can be trimmed?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it rubbing on plastic that can be trimmed?
yes its on the plastic but the plastic isn't that thick so wont it just rub against the metal then?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Trim the plastic and roll the fender if necessary

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wheel: Peg rep 18X7.5 inch
tire:general exclaim uhp 245 40 18

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
7.5" peg reps..... I thought they were 8", no? okay are they still +43mm offset?

I hmm, you shouldn't have to rub with a proper sized tire. I am running 15mm spacers on 32mm on 18x8" wide wheels with a 225/40-18 without issue. With a 43 offset you should have plenty of room but that 245 tire is gonna be a bit bulky.

You can try a different tire, something like a 225 40 18 like, or even 215 40 series:

Neat little website:
http://www.tyrestretch.com/8_225_45_R18/8_225_45_R18_Falken_452.jpg.php

and another helpful site = try playing with the wheel width from 225 to 245 and you'll see your problem.
http://www.jonathanrowny.com/page/offset-calculator

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Second site shows that I'm a little past the fender line, which i can see when looking at the car but its ever so small. Problem is I don't want to buy new summer tires just yet. Should of looked into it a bit more before I bought them could of went 10/10.

Thanks for the help guys! I'll look at it a bit tomorrow to see if there's something I can do.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
The second site needs you to measure the hub to fender distance for your car, it's set with a generic value but you must specify the correct value in order to have an accurate representation.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's a picture to show how much its rubbing

Took the back spacers off and put the tire back on so in stock position its in line with the inner plastic lip

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if the 10s will work in the back and have nothing up front because the front seems a bit wide with the spacers? Maybe worth a shot?

Front

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
damn, how low is your car?
It's been lowered but there still seems like there should be enough gap. I think my problem is that the tires are just to big

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's been lowered but there still seems like there should be enough gap. I think my problem is that the tires are just to big
That seems most likely. I am using the same rims as you but the tires are 235 40 18, not lowered. If you like just 10mm in the back then that's great, but if you would still prefer 10mm front 15mm back then trim the plastic and roll the fender as much as you can.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Or run a skinnier tire like I mentioned. Its alot easier to replace tires than to uncut plastic and unroll fenders if you ever plan to sell the car. All up to you.

I just went up to 15mm in the front and 20mm spacers in the rear with 8" wide +32mm offset and don't rub but I am not running a 245 tire.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Or run a skinnier tire like I mentioned. Its alot easier to replace tires than to uncut plastic and unroll fenders if you ever plan to sell the car. All up to you.

I just went up to 15mm in the front and 20mm spacers in the rear with 8" wide +32mm offset and don't rub but I am not running a 245 tire.
Ya this fall I plan on buying new tires, these are almost done for, just trying to make these last as long as possible, ill try this set up for now and keep the 15 mm spacers for when i get new tires.

I find it a waste of money to roll the fenders/ start cutting stuff to make it fit so I wont be doing that.

Thanks for all your help guys greatly appreciated

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No more rubbing with 10s in the rear

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
33mm what? spacers? adapters for those silly wheels? whats the actual offset and spacer measures?

I just realized I have been running 235 not 225, though I will certainly need the 225 or even 215 for these larger 20mm spacers and my VMS wheels. I looked closer the other night and I do indeed have just a hint of rubbing on the rears since lopping a coil from the Eibachs and getting a proper drop.

I'll follow up with what tires I choose for the new setup with 15mm front and 20mm rear on 18x8 +32mm wheels.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts