SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my Eibachs installed on my AWD soon, but wanted to know if I should get spacers (30mm per axle) to go with my 17x205 Sagittas. I know Selrahc on here is basically running the exact setup I'll have, but not sure if he is still active on the forums?
So the question is, will there be too much fender overhang if i don't go with spacers? Is it true what they say about potential problems down the road? I've used the search, but nothing seems cut and dried. I'd appreciate the input!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Re: Spacers with 17" Sagittas? (destro)

I would imagine that the answer is a bit complicated. First look at how much of a drop you have, and next if you're AWD or FWD (an AWD car won't be as low as a FWD car), how much weight you carry in the back of the car, and how wide your tires are.

I suggest you leave the spacers out for now, and make sure you have no rubbing issues, or potential rubbing issues. How often do you have passengers in the back? How often do you need to load stuff in your trunk area? Throw some people in there, throw some cargo in, and have a look. If you are close to rubbing, and you will have this situation often enough that you will notice rubbing, leave out the spacers, as they contribute to the the rubbing.

You will want to make sure you have the proper camber. I don't, and I probably rub less as a result, but my tires are shot. Definitely didn't get my moneys worth out of them.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts

Im going to say yes because you'll see a lot more negative camber however the fact that we have retarded massive fender liner lips you would probably have more rubbing issues with big spacers than without.

If your looking to take up just a little bit of gap i would run something around like a 10mm spacer per side tops.

·
Registered
221 Posts

ive had my spacers since january and so far no problems or rubbing.

here you can see the overhang before the spacers

with the 15mm spacers the rear still has some overhang but it should change once i fix my camber. the front tires are pretty flush with the fender now

·
Registered
221 Posts
Re: Spacers with 17" Sagittas? (Mach_T5)

Quote, originally posted by Mach_T5 »
Charles is that your 240?
it was my grandmas and now its with my uncle

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I'll wait and see about spacers, but I will get camber arms for the back. I really wish I had 18x225s!
And Selrahc your car looks awesome!

·
Registered
84 Posts

I run 30mm Heico spacers (per axle) and Sagittas (7x17) during winters. No problems.

Lowered 30mm with Heico springs.

·
Registered
84 Posts

I run 30mm Heico spacers (per axle) and Sagittas (7x17) during winters. No problems.

Lowered 30mm with Heico springs.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Re: Spacers with 17" Sagittas? (mdms)

How did you order your Heico spacers? I was told that they were difficult to get (at least stateside). I desperately need spacers and am considering going custom but I don't really know who to ask.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts