SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am looking to put spacers on my 07 R. I was wondering that the community believes are the best brand of spacers. I "think" im probably looking for a 5mm/10mm set up, or do people suggest i set it up to 10mm/15mm. thanks for the responese !

sidenote: how much turning radies improvement do you see when you install spacers ??

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Welcome to SS. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?47663

Try reading the stickies up top first on the forum, there's a full index of information for you.

I run 10 mm front - 15mm rear. You will need extended bolts.
Turning radius improves only slightly (and prevents rubbing), but don't expect much of an improvement. I didn't notice anything and still turns like a battleship.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks DevolvR, youve got a great caR :) Ive searched the forums but everywhere people seem to be using different companies / brands. I was wondering which company is the "best" or the most prefered in the community ??

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks DevolvR, youve got a great caR :) Ive searched the forums but everywhere people seem to be using different companies / brands. I was wondering which company is the "best" or the most prefered in the community ??
I'm pretty sure quality is going to be similar across the board- as long as they are a valid company who makes spacers and not Joe Shmoe with a drill.

I just had Novustech price me 10mm and 15mm spacers and lugs for $175 shipped.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Welcome to SS. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?47663

Try reading the stickies up top first on the forum, there's a full index of information for you.

I run 10 mm front - 15mm rear. You will need extended bolts.
Turning radius improves only slightly (and prevents rubbing), but don't expect much of an improvement. I didn't notice anything and still turns like a battleship.
What size tires do you have?, 235 or 245?

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
What size tires do you have?, 235 or 245?
I currently run 225/35/19s, but I had 235/35/19s last season. With 235s depending on the tires, it had rubbing on the inner and outer fenders despite spacers. Then again, I had Michelins, which are beefier tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts