SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really liking the new S90. Is there any word on an SPA platform S60/S70? I can't wait until the smaller sedans/wagons are offered on the new platform!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah, would like to hear the latest rumours about the SPA 60-series too. Assuming Volvo doesn't face any delays the SPA XC60 should be ready for late 2016/early 2017 and available to order few months after that, correct? And after that, how quickly will the S/V60 follow?

·
Registered
420 Posts
That's order of release has always been my understanding as well - ie SPA XC60 first, followed by the S60 and V60 (and eventually the V60CC). I know late 2016/early 2017 has always been talked about for the appearance of the new XC60, but at this stage I really don't see Volvo meeting that timetable. The S90 has only just appeared and wont actually be on sale for some months to come. Then there's the V90. My bet at this stage is early-mid 2017 for the on-sale of the XC60 with the possibility of the S60 maybe by late 2017, but more likely early 2018. Following the example set by the S90 & V90, I don't expect the V60 will be launched at the same time as the S60.

It really would be handy for us people planning our next car (as we are at the moment) if Volvo could give a more official timeline for the release of each new model. However my suspicion is they haven't done this because given (what admittedly is in my mind) the perceived delays in the rollout of the 90 Series Volvos, they don't have a good idea of the rollout timetable themselves. It seems to me to be more of a case of "they will get here when they get here".

Tony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts