SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Australia. :)

I want to purchase the press tools/punches for crank and cam shaft oil seals, on a B230 engine. I read online that aftermarket tool manufacturers should be avoided. i.e. That I should buy genuine Volvo or SPX. Can anyone recommend a place I can buy these tools online - a good quality version, but preferably not the most expensive on the planet?

The Volvo part numbers are:

1. 9995284 - Crankshaft Counterhold Vibration Dampener Tool. (I know this is available from IPD. But have they fixed the "twisting" issue from a couple of years ago?)

2. 9995034 - Camshaft Counterhold Tool

3. 9995025 - Camshaft Seal Press Tool/Punch

4. 9995283 - Crankshaft Seal Press Tool/Punch

5. I believe there's another tool that locks the timing gear. I'll have to try and find it again, and decide if I would use that one.

6. The 2-Part tool for replacing rear crankshaft seal:

a) 9991801 - Simply named, "Standard Shaft"
b) 9995276 - Named, "Drift" or "Press Tool"

Overseas shipping would be nice - but it's not a deal breaker. Because I have a friend in the USA who can ship to me.

Thanks for reading...

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi again, and thank you George, for your welcome.

Before I send that site a quote request, does anyone know the other timing-locking tool I mentioned? (I saw it online two days ago but I'm having difficultly locating it again.) I *think* it bolts behind the overhead cam sprocket/cog and locks the engine timing in place to prevent it moving... during... doing something!?

Would I even need it?

And are there any other special tools I should consider while I'm at it? (Already know about the rear trailing arm bushing removal tool.)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Over the years I've used Baum tool to get Volvo tools. I've also ordered genuine Volvo tools through FCP Groton. Lately I also noticed that Pelican Parts had some good prices on the seal driving tools. Note that you need a different driver tool for the front crank seal on B21/B23 engines compared to a B230.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts