SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my car back from getting new flywheel, clutch, springs installed as well as an angle gear and collar gear serviced. I've noticed a loud air flow sound in the cabin that wasn't there before...it sounds like the turbo...and increases in volume with the boost pressure, but I can't find a leak. Boost readings, at idle and on the throttle are as expected. Any suggestions? It sounds like the noise is coming from the driver's side air vent, which is where the hose is routed though...but again, no leaks that I can find. Based on the volume of the sound, I'd expect there to be noticeable change in pressure. Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
That happened to my moms car when she had her clutch replaced.

It ended up being a seal of engine to firewall

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. How did they ever diagnose that? I assume there isn't an easy way to fix....

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
It's something they took off to do the clutch. So I am assuming them new right away it was "that"

I'm speaking off hand though because I wast really interested in the R stuff when she had her clutch done.

Then a little while later BAM I haz R

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It ended up being a seal of engine to firewall
+1

After having my slave replaced, when you turned the wheel the slightest bit it would squeak. Then while driving you could hear the turbo a lot more as well as the CBV. As mentioned just look all the way down by the the end of the steering column. You may be to take the lower panel off on the underside of the dash, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
+2

When I the clutch was being done and all that jazz in the area, moving the steering column caused the grommet to loosen and expose 1 side, could hear spooling, hissing, road noise, etc.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, guys. Inside the cabin? Or under the hood? I'll go check it out in the morning.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Thanks, guys. Inside the cabin? Or under the hood? I'll go check it out in the morning.
Inside the cabin, near the pedals; either the gasket for the pedals or the steering rack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts