SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that whenever I come to a stop, the music I am listening to lowers in volume and the goes back to normal once the start/stop system engages the engine again. Where is the setting to disable this so that it stays at the level I set. I have the manual and have looked through the settings on the Sensus system, but can't find anything. Searching the manual is only as good as knowing what to search for anyway.

2019 XC60 T6 Inscription

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't know, but my theory is that your car turns down the volume just to save battery. I have a T8 and haven't noticed the same issues.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Speed Compensated Volume Control, lower this.

The infotainment system compensates for disrupting noises in the passenger compartment by increasing the volume according to the speed of the vehicle. The level of sound compensation can be set at low, medium, high or off. Select the level under Audio settings Volume compensation.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
This is one feature I have turned off. The T8 is so quiet to begin with, I don’t want to interrupt or attenuate the beautiful sounds coming out of my B&W.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe the “Start/Stop” function, if engaged, will lower or mute completely any high current drawing devices. Page 438 of the 688 page owners manual states under “Driving with the start/Stop function - ......”All of the vehicles’s ordinary systems, such as lighting, radio, etc. function normally when the engine has been auto-stopped. Certain functions may be temporarily reduced, however, such as the climate system’s blower speed or extremely high audio system volume......

·
Registered
76 Posts
Speed Compensated Volume Control, lower this.

The infotainment system compensates for disrupting noises in the passenger compartment by increasing the volume according to the speed of the vehicle. The level of sound compensation can be set at low, medium, high or off. Select the level under Audio settings Volume compensation.
Yeah, I need to try switching it to the lowest level, because I find it "overcompensates" for the difference between very low speeds and stopped.

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC60 Momentum T6
121 Posts
Is the speed compensated volume only available on certain trim levels or optional audio system? I do not have it on my 2019 T6 Momentum.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
It has to do with power to the amp. at least in my vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts