SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

my 05 xc90 with basic sound setup has an odd issue where the left speakers don't produce sound until you turn up the stereo to a certain point, and then only sometimes if i turn it down do they stay on. anyone else experience this? and on a side note, is it plug and play to upgrade to the premium head unit or will i throw codes or need programming?

i'm coming from the VW world here (still reside actually as the XC90 is my wife's car) so i'm not familiar with what options are out there to program the parts of the car.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the same "issue" in my '04 T5. I dismissed it when I convinced myself it was another one of Volvo's safety designs much like how the stereo attenuates when you select the reverse gear. :D

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Guys,

Your XC90s are not T5s but 2.5Ts. There is just "a little difference" in HP and torque between a T5 and a 2.5T. ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hey all,

my 05 xc90 with basic sound setup has an odd issue where the left speakers don't produce sound until you turn up the stereo to a certain point, and then only sometimes if i turn it down do they stay on. anyone else experience this? and on a side note, is it plug and play to upgrade to the premium head unit or will i throw codes or need programming?

i'm coming from the VW world here (still reside actually as the XC90 is my wife's car) so i'm not familiar with what options are out there to program the parts of the car.
I would start at the amp under the passengers seat to see if there is a loose connection. If it is not a loose connection then I would start thinking about replacing the amp. Someone posted with in the past few months a write up on their audio upgrades, it did not look like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would start at the amp under the passengers seat to see if there is a loose connection. If it is not a loose connection then I would start thinking about replacing the amp. Someone posted with in the past few months a write up on their audio upgrades, it did not look like a lot of fun.
Will look into wiring, but fear it may be the amp since the sound does come back after I increase the volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts