SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was on an hour long trip yesterday... <p>while traveling at the speed limit of 65 mph.. i noticed a noise that sounded like the sound a car makes when going over steel grid bridge.... slight rumbling with a harmonic hum... <p>it seemed to come from the right side of the car.. and it wasn't the road surface... i switched lanes a few times to confirm.. also I pumped the brakes a few times to see if it were the pads riding the rotor..<p>Could this be the sound of the wheel bearing starting to go bad?<p>UPDATE: this noise were my brakes wear warning...<br><BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Jersey R at 1:31 AM 8-20-2009</i>

·
Registered
98 Posts
Re: sound from right side? bearing? (Jersey R)

Jersey R<br>That sounds just like mine. See what happens when you make a long gradual left turn. On mine the noise will go away. I've been driving a little while with this noise thinking it was tire noise. (It seemed to start after I rotated them) It gradually got louder and then I noticed it momentarely stopping with left turns. I just ordered a new wheel bearing on Sat. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.<p>J. Clear<br>04 S60R Blk/Nordkap 6spd

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: sound from right side? bearing? (jjclear)

JJ,<p>thanks..<p>I'll have to try the gradual left turn.. to confirm..<p>I'll also been feeling a slight vibration at certain speeds.. like a have a tire balance/ alignment issue... (but i just got the car re-aligned and its still there..)<p>i'm bringing the car in get looked at for a few things.. i guess i can add bearing check to the list...<p>let me know how the bearing replacment goes...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts