SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have an R but I figured I'd get a faster response here than in the regular S60 forum. So I am going to be doing a transmission flush this weekend on my 2005 T5 geartronic (obviously) and since there are about a million transmission flush threads out there I am sorry for this but I want to clarify some conflicting things...

First what size hose is needed to do the flush through the upper cooler line 3/4" O.D or I.D? I realize I could get the ipd flush kit but when shipping is factored in its crazy expensive.

Second do I need to bring my car to the dealer for any software updates after the flush or will I be fine just flushing the fluid? I am not having any shifting problems just doing a stage 0.

Lastly I am 99.999% positive but since I am starting this thread i might as well ask, is XT-8QAW the corresponding part number for the Motorcraft branded 3309? I figured I'd get the Motorcraft since I have to pick up some parts from tasca for some other cars and it's only 6 and change a quart.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
3/4" OD and you will need to reset the transmission counter when you flush I believe and you can only do that with VIDA and DiCE.

As for the rest I have no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
XT-8QAW should be fine.. from what I found on the internetz.. 6 bucks and change is not bad. You can also check with Toyota to see how much their T-IV fluid is.. Sometimes its cheaper.. You do not need to take your car to the dealer for any software updates... but there is a transmission fluid counter that you can reset if you have a dice unit. I never reset mine though after the flush.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Thank you guys, if I do not have dice can the Volvo dealer reset the counter?
Yes, they can. It is just a software download via VIDA. I didn't reset mine last time and it drives just fine though.

BTW, you check the fill level when it is hot (not cold).

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just called two Dealerships around MA and NH (Boston Volvo and Lovering) to get a quote on how much it would run me to reset the transmission counter and both said there was no transmission counter to reset...

Not doubting that one exists but is it necessary to reset? And has anyone had any problems as a result of not resetting it? I'd buy Vida and Dice but right now my laptop is toast and I'm stuck with only an iPad.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
You'll be fine just flushing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts