SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear wheels on my 2009 C70 slant outward at the bottom. I've seen other cars like this too. Is this because of the IRS or is there something wrong? Will the tires wear on the inside edges faster? If I rotate them regularly, it doesn't seem like it will help because the inside edge will still be on the inside, even if it goes in front. Unless of course I dismount the tires and flip them on the rim. Am I overthinking this?

·
Super Moderator
3,780 Posts
Am I overthinking this?
POSSIBLY... May want to go ahead and get an alignment check. That way, you either get your fears relieved OR find out that there IS a problem.

I should point out that my V70 does something similar ( very Slight) and recently had a 4 wheel alignment performed by the local dealer..So it MAY not be a problem...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Rear wheel negative camber has become the norm on many modern cars... Volvo included, according to my dealer technician. I've certainly never noticed any unusual tire wear on my 2008 C70.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear wheel negative camber has become the norm on many modern cars... Volvo included, according to my dealer technician. I've certainly never noticed any unusual tire wear on my 2008 C70.
I have heard that before about tire wear, and although it's hard to believe, I guess I have to believe it. Do you rotate and/or flip the tires on the rims?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have heard that before about tire wear, and although it's hard to believe, I guess I have to believe it. Do you rotate and/or flip the tires on the rims?
I only drive it about 6K miles per year, the tires/wheels are rotated and balanced once per year... no flipping at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts