Thats why it took me forever to find a Volvo I liked. Everything I could find was beige/white and I would destroy that in a week. Really hard to find black interior.Second project for you: clean those seats!
Checked all the sticky threads, but there's nothing too recent so just seeing if anyone else has done anything lately. And probably not, thinking of a new fabric altogether - I'm pretty sure that the dye won't stick to that kind of fabric (at least RIT) because it's a poly blend...poly dying is a nasty, time-consuming process that's done 99% on the industrial level. I've used some fabric spray paint that's meant for fabric with success, but it required a number of coats and the finish was decent, not excellent.
That's the same stuff that I have used in the past too. In addition to Moof's advice, I would say also be careful to apply just enough and not more. I have had the adhesive soak through the headliner before.3M super 90 spray adhesive works really well, it's what I used when I did my headliner in my project car. Beware of using contact cement as you do not want to see ridges (from dried glue) in the fabric. The keys to headliner reupholstering are prep work and patience. Make sure you scrape off the old adhesive to give the new glue a better surface to adhere to and take your time applying the new fabric to avoid creases!