SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very impressed by the support to this forum from the dealers involved - thanks in advance. My wife and I are considering taking advantage of this program. Is it possible to get a V50 ready before the end of June? The flyvolvo website says soonest availability for a 2010 was end of June, but that the factory closed in July to switch over model years, so it's a little confusing. Is late June delivery an option?<p>Gary

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Re: Soonest delivery date for a V50? (GaryJ)

Gary,<p>At this time the earliest pickup date for a custom ordered Overseas Delivery Program V50 would be late in July or early August. However there are a couple of pre-built 2009 V50 wagons currently available. One of these V50 wagons could be picked up in Sweden in late June. If you are interested in one of these cars, please email me and I will send you the details for these V50's.<p>William

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the clarification, William. Follow-up question: is there a way to incorporate a trade-in with the OSD program?<p>Gary

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: (GaryJ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>GaryJ</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the clarification, William. Follow-up question: is there a way to incorporate a trade-in with the OSD program?<p>Gary</TD></TR></TABLE><p>At my dealership, I was told that I could do a trade in with the OSD order. However, you have to give up your trade in vehicle when you sign the paperwork for the OSD order - not when you receive the new car. For me, that wasn't an option as I placed my order in May of 2008, and received my car in the US in October of 2008. I couldn't be without a vehicle for that long. I don't know if that is the same case at every dealership, but it was for mine. I'm sure William could answer this for you.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Re: (jschiltz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jschiltz</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>At my dealership, I was told that I could do a trade in with the OSD order. However, you have to give up your trade in vehicle when you sign the paperwork for the OSD order - not when you receive the new car. For me, that wasn't an option as I placed my order in May of 2008, and received my car in the US in October of 2008. I couldn't be without a vehicle for that long. I don't know if that is the same case at every dealership, but it was for mine. I'm sure William could answer this for you.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Jennifer has done a good job of answering your question. What she has said is generally what happens with an Oveseas Delvery Volvo purchase and a trade-in car. However in a few cases arrangements may be made for you to keep your current vehicle until the new Volvo arrives in the US and then you sell it to the dealer. <p>William

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts