SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to get my first volvo, a 06' S60R, and im interested in getting a new exhaust system, originally I was just going to get an exhaust but after viewing some threads on here It seems like I might as well also get a new downpipe, many people say it improves temps and power, is this true? and what are some popular downpipe and exhaust combos that especially won't take too much skill to install as this would be my first mod on it.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Im about to get my first volvo, a 06' S60R, and im interested in getting a new exhaust system, originally I was just going to get an exhaust but after viewing some threads on here It seems like I might as well also get a new downpipe, many people say it improves temps and power, is this true? and what are some popular downpipe and exhaust combos that especially won't take too much skill to install as this would be my first mod on it.
Elevate

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can skimp a little bit on the cat back if you need to but buy a quality downpipe from 8eightfab, Elevate, Snabb Viva etc

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I have a Re-Volv catted downpipe that I've been happy with. Ben McNally from Rolling Motors also fabricates downpipes.

Mine is combined with the Eurosport Tuning sport exhaust. They also make a resonated "touring" version which tones the loud back a bit.

If you can loosen and tighten nuts and bolts, it's a pretty easy mod. Use PB Blaster and let it sit on those nuts and bolts before you work. Also be prepared to cut the nuts/studs where the factory downpipe meets the factory exhaust. They tend to rust to point where cutting them is the only option.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
EST touring exhaust with their DP. Their other exhaust is too loud in the cabin for the SR’s. You can remove the CAT for track racing. Real nice exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Second vote for Re-Volv.
After the DP created by another after-market manufacturer miserably failed. I went with Re-Volv's DP. I also requested non-mesh flex section (pictured on their site).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't have a downpipe yet but am rocking the IPD catback. Really enjoy the sound. I am however currently in the market for a downpipe as well and have done a decent amount of resarch myself. I'm personally looking at the IPD dp or Elevate dp to point you in a direction. I've heard great things from Elevate but they are very expensive: $1200+ for a downpipe. From my own research, the IPD downpipe is good but people have reported the IPD dp to have issues with drone, especially in V70R models, but it's currently cheaper at around $760. Re-Volv's dp is $500 catted. Snabb is also a good dp and you can get it from ViVa between $500-1000 depending on your choice for the cat. OBX is a dirt cheap dp but I've seen quite a few discussions complaining about the pipe and it may take some work to get it fitted properly. Also 8Eightfab has a good reputation for downpipes, you can contact him through facebook or his website.

Reason I went for a catback first is to get that desired exhaust note while saving up for a quality dp. Wouldn't go cheap on the downpipe imo.

Also to answer your other question, the downpipe does result in a good increase in horsepower but you wont see much performance gains without a tune.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Similar to what I’ve done with a Vibrant turbo flex pipe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts