SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got to put my new dual-action buffer to work, along with the slew of new car products. Here are some pictures of how it all turned out:

FYI: This exhaust was cleaned and polished 5 days ago with Meguiar's NXT Metal Cleaner and has been driven in heavy rain and semi-dirt/rock roads and driveways and nothing has stuck to them; they don't even haze over!

Modified by PureDrive07 at 6:34 PM 4-13-2009

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Re: Sonic's Spring Bath! (PureDrive07)

Holy Meguiars overload Batman. Did that come in a kit or something? Megs makes pretty decent stuff but there are better products out there...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Looks good man!

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Sonic's Spring Bath! (PhilUp)

Quote, originally posted by PhilUp »
Holy Meguiars overload Batman. Did that come in a kit or something? Megs makes pretty decent stuff but there are better products out there...

Yes it was part of a Meguiars kit, but 90% of the products that came with it were the Professional Series line, I also use 3M products as well!

·
6,436 Posts
Damn Jonathan...that thing is CLEAN!!!

I'm coming down next weekend. I'll take you back to the city too, but first we'll have to stop by a shooting range!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

Nice job! You now have a small interest in that company.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Sonic's Spring Bath! (ZenZone)

Quote, originally posted by ZenZone »
Nice job! You now have a small interest in that company.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Re: Sonic's Spring Bath! (PhilUp)

Quote, originally posted by PhilUp »

I LOLed...I was thinking the same thing
. Mequiars should Sponsor you

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great pics!
My VR got a bath and I only had time to polish the front end, with my favorite product as well-Meguiars.

I like Race Glaze also. My former car club loved Zaino brothers. I'm quite pleased w/ Meguiars.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (The S60R Dream)

Quote, originally posted by The S60R Dream »
DANG! i want my pipe to shine like that! (that's what he said..)

so how does that stuff work? simply apply??

Its very easy, the stuff is almost like a clay compound and you use a foam applicator pad. Finally you wipe off with a microfiber cloth and call it a day!

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/g13005.html

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Between the Sonic Blue and the Meguiar's product lineup, I got so excited that there's now a mess on the underside of my desk.

Those pipes look FANTASTIC! I MUST try that stuff! I've been using Blue Magic (which I love) but it never seems to "haze to black" like the directions say...

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts

http://********************/smile/emlove.gif
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
179 Posts
Re: Sonic's Spring Bath! (o2k)

Nice pipes!!!! Hate to see you leave, but I love to watch you go! http://********************/smile/emlove.gif

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Nice pics, you've inspired me to give my Sonic R a spring makeover, yours is a twin of mine. I can't wait to get this damned 1/2 marathon out of the way so my weekends are taken up by running and I can burn calories on the R instead.

I'm going to get some of that metal polish today, I've hated my pipes since the day I brought it home.

Well done, looks awesome.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (m3nt0s)

Quote, originally posted by m3nt0s »
Between the Sonic Blue and the Meguiar's product lineup, I got so excited that there's now a mess on the underside of my desk.

Those pipes look FANTASTIC! I MUST try that stuff! I've been using Blue Magic (which I love) but it never seems to "haze to black" like the directions say...

I love using Blue Magic as well, but it just wasn't cutting it for long lasting appeal. It would haze up and allow everything to stick after just a day after clean it.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

So it rained today, lol....Here are some pics of the water completely beading off the wax job:

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (DGBibo)

Quote, originally posted by DGBibo »
did you wax the plastic bumpers? or what did you used to clean them, looks nice man!

What do you mean did I wax the plastic bumpers? I waxed the whole entire car, but I clay bar the whole car before I began the layers of waxes. I used Meguiar's Speed Glaze #80 first and then put Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and buffed it all out afterwards with Microfiber bonnet. Also, I used nothing but Foam Pads with the buffer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.