SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
biscuit! Today I was driving along in my car down a road that has a rather large dip, and I didn't slow down enough for. Well, I didn't quite catch air or scrape the bottom of my car, but there was a huge grate that I've never noticed while driving in my truck that totally wrecked my car. All I heard was a huge POW! <p>Now my car pulls to the left. I've had this car aligned two times over the last two weeks, the second time because the first shop didn't do it right. <p>I have 3 questions: Is there an easy way for me to get under my car and loosen a tie rod and straighten out the wheel? <p>2. The alignment paper I was given stated that my car was a 2.4T, but would this make a difference since my car is a T5?<p>3. Has anyone ever complained to their city about fixing a street? I'm not looking for cash, but some of these roads are bullsh!t around here.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Re: Son of a . . . (ExBimmerBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ExBimmerBoy</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the T5 IS a 2.4 engine</TD></TR></TABLE><p>No the T5 is a 2.3 in 2001, <p>But no it doesn't make a difference, the suspension is all the same on the S60

·
Registered
342 Posts
Re: Son of a . . . (Cjones16)

Your strut is bent, also might want to get a pair of upper spring seats you know the rubber things everyones talking about that sit on top of the springs. but you might be able to get the town to pay for the damage i know in connecticut you can. Happened to me in my 2002 awd when there was construction on a road by my house. Dont drive it too much or your tires are done. (also happened to me) Good luck

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Son of a . . . (Paysts)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Paysts</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is there an easy way for me to get under my car and loosen a tie rod and straighten out the wheel? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>No you can't unless you have laser accurate eyes. <p>Your rim could be bent but most likely you screwed up the tie rod and your alignment is wacked. Take her in to get aligned and the shop will tell you what's up.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Son of a . . . (Cjones16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Cjones16</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><p>No the T5 is a 2.3 in 2001, <p>But no it doesn't make a difference, the suspension is all the same on the S60</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Correct me if I'm wrong, the naturally aspirated S60 didn't come with a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I really don't know, According to IPD (on there website) it says some S60 don't come with Rear sway bars.<p>But a sway bar doesn't affect your alignment (does it?)

·
Registered
11,628 Posts

Whatever, the swaybar is a moot point, all S60s share the same suspension hardware, some have different shocks/struts but they all connect to the same stuff.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Son of a . . . (JonathanL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>JonathanL</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys are wilddddd</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Ha, this is nothing.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i don't know about the sway bar thing. Mine is a N/A and has a rear sway bar..... but maybe as IPD wrote on their website, some come without one.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts

I believe they all have bars

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess I hit the car pretty hard and air came out of that tire (it can happen), but I was missing some 20+ PSI in the driver's side tire, which is why it pulled. Sorry for the thread, what a "duh" moment.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: (Paysts)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Paysts</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I guess I hit the car pretty hard and air came out of that tire (it can happen), but I was missing some 20+ PSI in the driver's side tire, which is why it pulled. Sorry for the thread, what a "duh" moment. </TD></TR></TABLE><p>1. WoW at the morons that did the aligment, didnt even check the pressure.<p>2. I would inspect the tire for damage

1 - 15 of 15 Posts