SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had gone out of town for a wedding this weekend and arrived home VERY late last night. At about 9:30 the doorbell rings... I had totaly forfotten that last week I had sent a package to IPD so even on 3 hours of sleep I jumped out of bed in excitement! The UPS man was returning my ECU... the ECU for my GT30R turbo, 750cc injectors, etc. so forth and so on.

The car was fun stock, better with bolt-ons, exciting with some internals-FMIC- and intercooler spray but this.... WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!

Usually I love to listen to music in my R. Today though; not even a glance at it as I was enjoying the power SOOOOOOOO much. At 1500 RPMs I am at 13-15psi but then by the time 3K rolls around just a mere blink later I am at a smooth steady 23psi! This thing pulls like no volvo was meant to pull. The car pulled extremely good on the first iteration of the tune but dues to the fact that I have a bunch of one-offs on my car it took two(and to only take two tries is amazing with something like this.) tries and this is the one. A/F is perfect, smoother than stock when idling. I cannot say enough good things about this. I am ready to go out and rape a McLaren now! (well not really but it is still pretty fast)

Almost as much power as meese!

I know you guys appreciate a modded R. My wifes response was... "I thought you bought this car cause it was supposed to fast, fun yada yada...just don't kill yourself" she is no fun anymore when it comes to cars.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Something happened to my R this morning. (Rangeball)

I am going to try to. I am in a wedding that friday but am thinking about just driving late at night and early in the morning.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Re: Something happened to my R this morning. (R_Rated)

With all of your one-off parts intstalled, how do you get the ECU tuned without IPD actually having the car in front of them? Do you take it to a shop and they send IPD the numbers?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Something happened to my R this morning. (I Roll)

Quote, originally posted by I Roll »
With all of your one-off parts intstalled, how do you get the ECU tuned without IPD actually having the car in front of them? Do you take it to a shop and they send IPD the numbers?

lots of time on the phone and many hardware adjustments

and GREAT people working very hard on it.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

Quote, originally posted by R_Rated »

lots of time on the phone and many hardware adjustments

and GREAT people working very hard on it.

Cool http://********************/smile/emthup.gif That definately says a lot about IPD and the people working on your car.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: Something happened to my R this morning. (I Roll)

SUPER! I am glad to see and hear IPD is working wonders on systems that are one off. Enjoy your new ride! Rick http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scott and everyone at IPD were extremely knowledgeable and helpful in everyway possible. there were several things they did that were definitelty way above and beyond the call of duty.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Re: (phuz)

With the R's typical 23% driveline loss that would translate to 491 bhp at the motor

Quote, originally posted by phuz »
lets place a guess. 378whp.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts

.....At 1500 RPMs I am at 13-15psi but then by the time 3K rolls around just a mere blink later I am at a smooth steady 23psi! This thing pulls like no volvo was meant to pull. .

That's very nice, but I'm not sure even with the reinforced internals on S60R but 23psi might make your engine go kaboom.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Something happened to my R this morning. (stevectsai)

Quote, originally posted by stevectsai »

That's very nice, but I'm not sure even with the reinforced internals on S60R but 23psi might make your engine go kaboom.

rods, pistons, heads and cams will help as will a FMIC to help keep temps down.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

IPD's current software (within the last 5 months) is at 21-24psi for manual tranny's and the same for a GT if you get the torque limiter removed. I did my 04R GT 2 months ago and I am reading 21-24 constantly at WOT. Same feelings as above on the smoother idle and much more consistant power delivery. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Super Moderator
14,845 Posts

rods, pistons, heads and cams will help as will a FMIC to help keep temps down.

?

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Re: Something happened to my R this morning. (phuz)

current IPD software is at 23-24 psi?

i've got the EVOVLe setup and don't think it's that much. I don't have a gauge so I don't know. I'd be curious as to what the psi rating is on the 93 octane Power Package ECU profile from EVOLVE....

dying to hear what your car puts down. glad to hear it's running so well!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts