SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
400 Posts
Re: Someone should do Black Euro Xenons (Dashdog)

Will the U.S. spec amber diffusers make my turn signals brighter?
The wipers doesn't go all the way to the side of my Euro spec housing.

Quote, originally posted by Dashdog »
I wouldn't want to do anything to make my car look more like an XC-70- yech!

It's not that bad, is it?

· Administrator
12,725 Posts
Re: Someone should do Black Euro Xenons (Barry)

Quote, originally posted by Barry »

You're not planning on putting them on your car are you?

haha, not this time around

this presents an interesting opportunity for an auto manufacturer or aftermarket vendor. Similar to how the new Ford Mustang allows drivers to adjust their dash light color, perhaps similar techniques could be used for other parts like the headlights & taillights -- not saying use LED colors but some technique that would let you "charge" areas of the headlight housing and get an alternate color.

· Registered
336 Posts
Re: Someone should do Black Euro Xenons (024tnfi)

Quote, originally posted by 024tnfi »
It's not that bad, is it?

You're right, it's not that bad, especially if you remove that ugly Volvo from the picture. I guess that if you kept those wheels, lowered it about 4 inches, and got rid of all that Tonka-truck cladding, it would be OK.

Boy did I feel silly this morning when I went out to my BMW and saw the black headlight surrounds. What can I say? I guess I just don't like it on the Volvo. It's not that it's so bad, it's just that it makes the car look like all the other Volvo's out there- which some would argue it already does anyway. I'm sure that if the car was originally offered with the black lights, then everyone would be paying big money to convert them to the brushed aluminum ones.

· Administrator
12,725 Posts
Re: Someone should do Black Euro Xenons (Dashdog)

Looks like Scion has a similar idea to what I was thinking of with alternate illumination.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.