SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered a R design (CW, 22", Vision, Convenience, air sus) about 2 weeks ago, at the time the residual value was 51% and my payment is gonna be around $1250/mo. Got the quote sheet from the dealer, and my car is going to arrive in 3 months. Yesterday I phoned the dealer to asked them to send me a quote on an inscription instead (wife kinda leaning towards inscription), my dealer has said that I have until Dec to lock in the order. To my surprise, the residual has dropped to 47%, and now my monthly payment has gone up.

My question is, if by the time my car arrives the rediual drops to 45%, am I looking at paying even more monthly payment ? Don't I get some kind of protection over the residual when I put down the $2k deposit to lock everything in? It doesn't seem right for me to pay extra when I receive the "new car" during "year end 2016 MY" , and take the drop of residual all on myself. I am planning to hop on to a new lease after this lease is done , which is 39 months.

Appreciate it if someone can share some advice here.

Gary

·
Registered
91 Posts
Gary,

I think you are being taken advantage of. Here is a thread on edmunds looking into the residuals and the interest rate of the loans. They are receiving much better residuals. There is also a leasing calculator on the Volvocars.com page. I think they are pushing for you to make the sale now so they can make end of year numbers. If you wait for January, you will get the best deal on your car. I do not know when the next MY will be available, but it might be worth waiting for.

Personally, and everyone's situation is different. I financed the car at 1.87 with a deal that my dealership got straight through Volvo. It is the better way to go and you can resell the car easily if you keep it clean and have low-miles in 3 years. The process is very simple.

Best,
M

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Where in Canada are you?? (would be nice to see under your location ;))

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
OK, too bad you're not near Toronto because I received a quote for T8 R-Design fully loaded (MSRP $85,000) for $1,212 total 36 mths! That included the approx. $6,300 rebate for T8 which is not available yet but should be soon. I could even send you copy of it :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$6300 rebate? Is that $1212 tax included ? wow that is unheard of, would you mind sharing with us how were you able to negotiate that kind of rebate? My quote is $1500 off, but the payment for 39 months still comes to around $1250 taxes and everything included.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
$6300 rebate? Is that $1212 tax included ? wow that is unheard of, would you mind sharing with us how were you able to negotiate that kind of rebate? My quote is $1500 off, but the payment for 39 months still comes to around $1250 taxes and everything included.
Yes tax included with $0 down! $6,300 rebate (plug in hybrid rebate) is what the T8 is supposed to get at least here in Ontario, not sure if it's same across Canada. That's why the monthly payment is little lower. The 39 mth payment was even lower $1,179! Residual was 54% & 52%. PM me your email address and I can send you copy :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
So I ordered a R design (CW, 22", Vision, Convenience, air sus) about 2 weeks ago, at the time the residual value was 51% and my payment is gonna be around $1250/mo. Got the quote sheet from the dealer, and my car is going to arrive in 3 months. Yesterday I phoned the dealer to asked them to send me a quote on an inscription instead (wife kinda leaning towards inscription), my dealer has said that I have until Dec to lock in the order. To my surprise, the residual has dropped to 47%, and now my monthly payment has gone up.

My question is, if by the time my car arrives the rediual drops to 45%, am I looking at paying even more monthly payment ? Don't I get some kind of protection over the residual when I put down the $2k deposit to lock everything in? It doesn't seem right for me to pay extra when I receive the "new car" during "year end 2016 MY" , and take the drop of residual all on myself. I am planning to hop on to a new lease after this lease is done , which is 39 months.

Appreciate it if someone can share some advice here.

Gary
I got a quote on a Momentum+ from a GTA Volvo dealer and was shown residuals of 47% and 40% for the 39 and 48 month leases respectively. I was also unpleasantly surprised at how low that was. See the thread I started below (some helpful responses therein, including the link to the U.S. lease calculator)

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?251897-Surprisingly-low-XC90-lease-residuals

1 - 8 of 8 Posts