1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
I love the Frozen Gray color...

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
With paint like that I guess you don't have to worry about washing or waxing it. To each there own I guess.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
With paint like that I guess you don't have to worry about washing or waxing it. To each there own I guess.
I'm not sure why you think that. Whether it is paint or a wrap, matte finishes require more care than gloss do. "Gloss" is essentially a layer of protectant. It is true that you do not wax them but you absolutely wash them and frequently, with a specialty matte wash. They are a pain in the butt to maintain. If even a hand print with oil gets on them and is not cleaned off within a few hours, it will bake into the finish permanently.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Your car looks great - real badass ! Are you planning on tinting the windows or doing anything else?
Thanks. Window tints are next up on the list. My guy is in the process of moving his shop or they would be done already. There are a bunch of little details done to the car as well already, like on the rear...

·
Registered
6,044 Posts
I think the matte effect is perfect for a CC, especially considering the unpainted plastic fender extensions! Looks great!

P50GT, love your car also! Damn cool!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks. Window tints are next up on the list. My guy is in the process of moving his shop or they would be done already. There are a bunch of little details done to the car as well already, like on the rear...

Very nice tinted rear lamp... Well done!!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
P50GT, love your car also! Damn cool!
Thanks Pete

Very nice tinted rear lamp... Well done!!
Thanks. I love the look but also wanted to make sure it didn't affect visibility at night and we accomplished that as well...
(These are just the parking lights, so the top light is not illuminated)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hmm..... I like that look too. Rear lamp tinting will be my next project for my S60.

P50GT, have you thought of getting rid of the orange look of the signal light at the rear?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Hmm..... I like that look too. Rear lamp tinting will be my next project for my S60.

P50GT, have you thought of getting rid of the orange look of the signal light at the rear?
That is highly illegal here and would get me pulled over in a second. My taillights are already not legal being tinted, but don't attract the same attention. Amber turn signals are required in all 50 US states and changing them is not tolerated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is highly illegal here and would get me pulled over in a second. My taillights are already not legal being tinted, but don't attract the same attention. Amber turn signals are required in all 50 US states and changing them is not tolerated.
Looks to me like the reflector itself is clear, so it's just the bulb that is orange. You could do something like a Philips Silver Vision bulb that have silver look until they are actually on. That way during the day it's not orange, but at night or when in use, it is.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks to me like the reflector itself is clear, so it's just the bulb that is orange. You could do something like a Philips Silver Vision bulb that have silver look until they are actually on. That way during the day it's not orange, but at night or when in use, it is.
That is what I mean... Just to complete the look.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
It's just asking for trouble. It looks so much better without the amber but not worth the risk. Once I get my tints, I will have enough things to get me in trouble. Anyone who has driven a Polestar knows that it is hard not to try and break every land speed record every time you get in the car, so there is that risk as well. I've gotten enough tickets in my day to know to not "poke the bear".

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Amber turn signals are required in all 50 US states and changing them is not tolerated.
I don't think that's true. I see plenty of OEM vehicles with rear red signal lamps. Is this a new requirement?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts